PDA

View Full Version : Re-drilling hubs/drums for different pcd.

John
12-05-12, 01:43 PM
I've seen a set of wheel that i like, they're 4x108 pcd. Opinions please on re-drilling hubs/drums for the different pcd. Possible? will it weaken the hub? I'm guessing the drum is easier than the hub. (obv the front disc would have to be drilled too.) I'm guessing i'm too far out to use wobble bolts, but i'm dubious about them anyway. Also pcd adapters will make my et way out (wheels are et32, spacers ive seen are 20mm) Any other suggestions? :)

SimonTW
12-05-12, 02:17 PM
Have the wheel repitched

http://www.tttoolsltd.co.uk/services/offset

novarally
12-05-12, 03:47 PM
There's lots of 'meat' on a Nova drive flange, and on the drum, so I'd go with getting them re-drilled to suit 4 x 108mm.

Some wheels can be done, as Simon says, but not all of them will be suitable I suspect.

Wobble bolts I agree are slightly dubious, but would only help with 1 or 2mm of differential.

mowgli
12-05-12, 06:20 PM
it should be doable.

the drums offer the biggest challenge, as they are beefed up where the stud holes go. i'm not sure adding some weld would make a strong machinable bit strong enough to hang a wheel on.

would the wheels redrill ?? do they need a refurb? if so, then fill the old holes with ally plugs & get them redrilled

John
12-05-12, 06:50 PM
Tbh i hadn't thought of re-drilling, looking at their faces they would probably. (just need to win them now! lol) Will look in to it, thanks guys.

bazil
12-05-12, 06:51 PM
Go discs on the rear?
As you say mowgli about the inside of the drums,

SimonTW
12-05-12, 07:37 PM
The thing that put me off changing the PCD on my Mini was the fact I would want the old holes welded up which meant I would be limited to the new PCD range of wheels from that point on. I would need to drill the discs all round whenever I changed them. It just seemed a bit of hassle.

As your going for a 4 stud the re-pitching can be done fairly neatly even on a wheel without a bolt hole cover.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/4619550608_d618fc00a4_o.jpg
Re-pitched 5x112 - 5x120