PDA

View Full Version : Nova's with Cat Converters

SimonTW
11-05-12, 12:27 PM
Are there many Nova's knocking round with cat's fitted from the factory? I have a Piper system for a Nova fitted with a cat and wondered if it was worth trying to bodge it onto the car or just sell it.

Nova-nation
11-05-12, 12:33 PM
K reg onwards iirc?

mowgli
11-05-12, 05:27 PM
if your engine wasn't designed with a cat in mind, ie, if it has no lambda sensor, then there is no point fitting one, as it will get knackered up really quickly.

SimonTW
11-05-12, 05:39 PM
I'm not looking to fit the cat. Just the system for a car designed to fit onto a Nova with a cat

Pistol Pete
11-05-12, 05:59 PM
My SRi had a cat.

andyredtop83
15-05-12, 08:40 PM
Cats came on some J regs and all K regs (apart from 1.5 diesels). If its a J reg you can remove the cat and it will past an MOT. If you remove it from a K reg it will fail as they had to be fitted to cars built after August 1992 (K reg onwards). Its just Vauxhall started fitting them before that. On my 1.2i J reg i took off the cat to give it slightly more power and it runs fine hasnt affected the lamba sensor and it still passed its MOT ok

MK999
15-05-12, 08:42 PM
they're the same fitment as far as I'm aware? just one has a power sucking box in the middle of it and it and one doesn't

SimonTW
15-05-12, 08:50 PM
Looking at the system laid out on the floor it looks like it could be made to fit with a new front section made up where the cat would normally. I think based on the limited amount of cars it will fit someone else would buy it to do the same.

Thanks for the info though guys, much apreciated!

Novasport
15-05-12, 08:51 PM
Just get a cat replacement pipe to bridge the gap