PDA

View Full Version : Ashley exhaust on mk1 novas

therealnovaboy
10-05-12, 02:53 PM
Just fitted my brand new ashley exhaust system which I bought from ashleley.

I specifically stated that I wanted the back box to fit the pre facelift/mk1/87 model and they have sent one out which looks like it was made to fit a facelift/mk 2 bumper.

The centre section fits like a charm but the back box hangs too far down and off to the side which is nowhere near the cut out the mk1s have. The only way i can get it close to fit is if i twist the back box 90 deg but it still comes out at a squint, upwards angle, wich looks pap.

Anyone else managed to get an ashley exhaust to fit a mk 1 or have they sent me the wrong exhaust?

I ve phoned them up and there getting back to me. Its pretty poor that an exhaust company cannot supply an exhaust that fits.

saloon-mogz
10-05-12, 03:26 PM
i had one on my gte and this how it looked
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/daddy-mogz/gterear.jpg

Andy
10-05-12, 03:28 PM
Theres your problem.They have sent a GTE type,as the gte has a lower lip on the rear bumper which is the void you are experiencing

therealnovaboy
10-05-12, 04:54 PM
I spoke to ashley and they say they dont make the mk1 exhaust anymore, so they just sent me one for a mk 2. They said to make it fit all i have to do is fit a mk2 bumper!

I wonder if they recomend buying a new car when they send the wrong exhaust for the car. :roll:

They are going to get back to me with a discount. If they knock enough off the price ill make it fit. But that wasnt exactly what i had intended when i splashed the cash for a new one. Itll need to be a substantial discount or they can ram it.

So there you go ashley still make exhausts for pre facelift novas but you have to change your car to a mk 2.

marc69
10-05-12, 05:44 PM
seems silly as there are more mk1s

sport
12-05-12, 08:47 AM
How did you get on with this?

Post a pic of how it looks.

swedge
12-05-12, 02:39 PM
I made a mk2 magnex system fit by citing the tail pipe off turning it a bit and re welding it

I'd send it back and get your cash back unless the discount is decent

therealnovaboy
01-06-12, 09:00 PM
Got this sorted after a week of phonecalls back and forth to POTN. They kept saying they had to contact ashley to see if they would give the refund and that they couldnt get hold of them. Once i explained i bought the exhaust off of POTN not ashley and it was up to them to provide a refund they soon sent one out.

They offered a £40 refund but that wasnt enough as the back box is worth £115 and could cut up a secon hand one for £50. concidering the courier would cost about £40 i thought it was a bit poor.The reason i didnt buy a second hand one is so that a new onewould fit without any pissing about.

In the end i kept the centre section and got a £115 refund for the back box. they payed for the courior.

I managed to get a second hand ashley back box for £50 that is for a mk1. in the end i think its worked out ok I suppose.