PDA

View Full Version : anybody else had a knocking noise on a z16xe??????

autoworksnovasport
09-05-12, 08:53 PM
as title had a car (zafira 1.6) in today tapping/knocking sounded like hydraulic folowers and there was no oil in it either so that was that orderd 16 new folowers cambelt and an oil change !:tard:

fitted all this turned over for a bit without plugs in to build up oil in the new followers refited plugs started up :mad: noise was exactly the same :wtf:

a little bit more investigation found the noise to be coming from the inlet manifold so stripped the inlet off to check that out
the inlet comes into 2 peices and is held together with 8 bolts which screw into the bottom half of the inlet one of these had snaped the casting so wasnt pulling up tight and with the inlet pressure was causing this tapping/knocking noise

thespannerman
09-05-12, 09:50 PM
never come across that before myself, had hundreds of "ive got a light on my dash" only to find it sounds like a skeleton w#####g in a dustbin because theres no oil in it and the management coming up with a knock sensor code, a drop of oil and theve been fine!

had a spark plug come loose on my old astra g sxi, thought id f####d it! sounded like a bottom end rattle!!