PDA

View Full Version : Caught some scumbag trying to pinch the nova last night

cossienova
08-05-12, 10:19 PM
Seems novas are still not safe caught some druggie scumbag trying to pinch my nova last night luckily caught him just in time as not much damage done. But it's made me think maybe it's not worth me using it as a daily anymore and get a ****ty car I don't care about instead!

Dan Stanley
08-05-12, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear that dude. What was he doing when you caught him? what did you do after catching him?

brainsnova
08-05-12, 10:26 PM
That was lucky what did he have to say for himself

cossienova
08-05-12, 10:40 PM
He was trying to pull the door back we noticed him through the window so I run out through the door tried to grab him as he started running but couldn't so smacked him in the side of the head he then got away as I was bare foot! It all happened so fast I didn't focus on his face so don't know what he looks like but now have an idea who it was so am going to look for him. Car has a disklok on it always so not an easy steal but dis heartened with it all now makes me want to lock it away where it's safe !

AndyGTE95
08-05-12, 10:44 PM
good thing u caught him mate , would hate to hear of another nova getting stolen! :mad:

mabey a few kill switches and an immobiliser are in order :thumb:

i swear if i see or someone does steal my nova i WILL hunt them down and break there hands !:mad:

brucer
08-05-12, 10:53 PM
thats shxt, glad you caught him before too much damage was done. mine was recently keyed and kicked.

cossienova
08-05-12, 11:13 PM
Yeah so glad I caught him when I did! I'm getting a tidy alarm fitted and going to put an immobiliser on it too. Makes me sick that even now people are trying to pinch them!

Jack
08-05-12, 11:19 PM
But it's made me think maybe it's not worth me using it as a daily anymore and get a ****ty car I don't care about instead!
I recommend a cavalier, its what I did lol

cossienova
08-05-12, 11:30 PM
Did cross my mind but if I get a cav I'l end up playing with that too and that will end up trying to be pinched! Was thinking crappy mondeo or vectra diesel I can use then throw away afterwards!

Spudly
08-05-12, 11:34 PM
This is yet another reason i consider myself very lucky to be able to store mine at my mates unit, it has fuel cut-off switches and an immobiliser, but there is nothing like it either being secured in a unit, or at least miles away from prying eyes and bagheads on foot:thumb:

Might be worth tapping up local farms and such see if they rent out storage space/units?

marc69
08-05-12, 11:36 PM
I always fit alarms, steering locks and immoblilers to mine. My mate used to laugh at me, he once bought a Nova and wouldn't even fit the steering lock as he said it only takes a thief 30 seconds to break them. 30 seconds is a long time for a thief!

Well his car was nicked and burnt out.

there is no way of stopping a determined thief but as many deterants as possible hopefully helps.

pie
08-05-12, 11:37 PM
i agree with jack f lol

gutted to hear about the nova dude :( mathew told me tonight about it,

fair play we cant have any thing nice around ere dude

cossienova
09-05-12, 12:28 AM
People laugh at me too but it's never out of my sight without a disklock! It's safe and locked up at home on my drive but this was outside my missus house.
Pie, yeah still full of scumbags around here can't keep anything tidy just lucky didn't do much damage!

Bubba
09-05-12, 01:08 AM
the advantages of cornwall...sod all car theft...wait....oh :(

Riggy
09-05-12, 02:40 PM
mine was stolen years ago whn it was still my daily car , got it back 4 days after with a bent back door, dented wings , kurbed alloys and no stereo lol

since i took it off road and rebuilt it, it just sits in my unit behind big steel doors in a locked yard with cat 1 alarm and snap off wheel lol

if someone wants it they will take it though

Southie
09-05-12, 02:42 PM
I sold mine, solved all the worries.

cossienova
09-05-12, 03:55 PM
Can't sell mine had it too long! Made a nice pin cushion last night that's going to be left on the seat when I leave it and I'm now armed with a steel bar waiting if they have another go!

turbojolt
09-05-12, 04:03 PM
Tbh if you gave the guy a good dig in the back of the head I don't think he will try it again, and it might be worth remembering if you hit him with a tool and not your fists the is a greater chance of you being the one that gets the time in a cell

mk1nova_rich
09-05-12, 04:58 PM

In fairness, the immobiliser/alarm, removable fuel relay and a steering lock put most people off anyway. I never really worried about having it nicked after the first week of owning it :)

1990GTEBOY
09-05-12, 05:10 PM
always had the disklock on mine even when going into shops lol it only takes one chancing scum bag and you could never see your pride and joy again ..:cry: my old favourite was at petrol stations chavs comming over and saying "nice car mate " then in the same breath " do you live round here " then after a blunt reply of no :mad:... proceeding to follow me around for half an hour :wtf: always managed to loose them before heading home ;)

Spudly
09-05-12, 06:10 PM

LMFAO, thats not a bad plan lol

Was out with my mate in his mini last night and we were having a similar discussion as mini's are doing really strong monies these days, and his is a genuine cooper with pretty much every possible option having been retro fitted by him, he ran me through the prices some of the stuff goes for online and there is thousands in that little car :eek:

twistysnovagte
09-05-12, 06:21 PM
I sold mine, solved all the worries.i had to do the same,3 x times my door was bent back on the gte!:mad:

oh and yeah its a ****hole where i live too!cant wait for the missus to get full time work again once the lad reaches big school(yeah im on the move thats for sure)

im literaly worrying for when my cav comes back ........

Southie
09-05-12, 06:25 PM
In fairness, the immobiliser/alarm, removable fuel relay and a steering lock put most people off anyway. I never really worried about having it nicked after the first week of owning it :)

Good job I never wanted to nick it though knowing that lol

paddy quinn
11-05-12, 04:03 AM
wont nick mine its a bare shell in a heated garage with the vec infront of the door then a freelander behind that