PDA

View Full Version : dvla

swedge
08-05-12, 01:45 PM
ok so now my cars on the road "sort off" i need to get it changed over to the 2.0 so my tax is correct

i sent it off last time and they sent it back saying i needed a receipt for the engine or a letter from a garage etc

im gonna get my mot place to give me a letter, what does it need to say? just this engine number matches this chassis number?

John
08-05-12, 02:12 PM
Yeah that's it, and just that the conversion is satisfactory.

swedge
08-05-12, 02:17 PM
Yeah that's it, and just that the conversion is satisfactory.

haha wish me luck lol

Jack
08-05-12, 02:36 PM
There's no specific guidance as to what the DVLA require (in terms of content), so you could just write "ma novar iz got a redtop yooooo". But thats not advised.

I did make a post in one of hobbit's threads basically drafting a letter that would suffice. I'll go see if I can find it in a mo.

Southie
08-05-12, 02:50 PM
Here RJ.

Independent vehicle inspection carried out by [blah]

I confirm engine number [blah], capacity [blah]cc has been fitted to vehicle reg [blah], vin [blah] to a safe standard. The vehicle has been suitably modified to accept both the engine and resulting power increase.

Signed,
[Blah]

Put it on headed paper and that'll do it.

swedge
08-05-12, 03:52 PM
Independent vehicle inspection carried out by [blah]

I confirm engine number [blah], capacity [blah]cc has been thrown together into vehicle reg [blah], vin [blah] to a pikey standard The vehicle has been suitably modified to accept both the engine and resulting power increase by fitting a KnN filter

Signed,
[Blah]

Put it on headed paper and that'll do it.

Sorted

marc69
08-05-12, 03:53 PM
For mine, the garage gave me a sheet of paper with the stamp, and the owner signed it and told me to go ahead and write it up.

I did and V5 came back correct.

All I wrote was that the car (reg number model and make) is fitted with engine (engine no) and cc

TeddyThom
09-05-12, 02:30 AM
Have you got it MOT'ed with your conversion?? If so surely the MOT cert is as good as a conversion letter??

Mark
09-05-12, 02:39 AM
PM'd you a copy of what I sent in, may be of some use.

Jack
09-05-12, 07:50 AM
Have you got it MOT'ed with your conversion?? If so surely the MOT cert is as good as a conversion letter??
Unfortunately not.

DVLA require either:
1. Receipt for the engine (from a garage, i.e. fitted)
2. Evidence from the manufacturer
3. Independent inspection (e.g. RAC, AA etc)
4. Confirmation from a garage of the work undertaken

Most of us will be under opt.3 as opt.4 is supposed to be for work that was done prior to you buying the car. An MOT doesn't constitute a full vehicle inspection (stupidly lol)