PDA

View Full Version : Astra GTE Digital Dash Into A Nova

Kernow_Boy
08-05-12, 07:29 AM
Hi, i am about to have fitted a digi dash from a astra gte, i have the spped sensor for the gearbox but have been told by the chap fitting it that i need to get a oil temp/pressure sensor if i want the dash to work the oil pressure and temp gauges, He's told me it is one sensor that does both things?! I'm just not sure where to get one from? Can anyone help?!

*Jurgen*
08-05-12, 08:06 AM
Check out this topic on Migweb:

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/engines-transmission/171368-xe-let-oil-pressure-temp-senders-what-why-how-where.html

swedge
08-05-12, 01:05 PM
the sensor screws into the oil pump on the back of the block, some sensors only come with one connection which is for the oil light others come with another connection on them that uses a ring terminal for the gauge

what engine is it?

all small block sensors should fit a small block and same with big block

Jon_nova1
12-05-12, 11:23 AM
Yes, you need the two pin sensor in the bottom of the engine to get both oil temp and oil pressure, if you don't then the oil temp just reads none?

swedge
12-05-12, 02:12 PM
If you don't have one connected I think it reads full bars all the time

Jon_nova1
12-05-12, 06:23 PM
I couldn't remember if it read none or full thats why i put the question mark on the end lol

andyredtop83
15-05-12, 09:13 PM
Yer it reads full bars, you need to earth it out or fit the sender unit otherwise it can damage the gauge leaving it on full (so i've been told)