PDA

View Full Version : rose jointed tie bar brackets for xe'd nova van info needed!!

thespannerman
06-05-12, 10:36 PM
hi guys n gals!

recently fitted an xe to a mates nova van, first few days it seemed a bit twitchy and just generally didnt drive as nice as it did when it had its first xe.(its had a 1.2 1.6 20 16v 2.08v and back to a 1.2 till now)

anyway, it had polybushed tiebar brackets with the lowering blocks for xe, another mate had some rose jointed ones he bought for if he ever gets his xe nova built.a deal was done and we had a look at fitting them.they didnt sit quite right and the timeframe we had we decided to fit standard ones so he could use the van.it drives a little better with standard bushes.

this weekend we have fitted the rose jointed ones, with the lowering blocks, got them fitted perfectly and put it back together.took it for a roadtest to see what it was like,

awfull!:cry: my question is, is this a characteristic of rosejointed tiebar brackets or are we missing the point??:confused:
it torque steers something incredible, more than it did before, and lights the tyres up at any opportunity but drags it to the kerbside.

any ideas or is this how there suppost to be??never had any dealings with these in the past so were both stumped

any help apreciated!!

MK999
06-05-12, 10:43 PM
The lower resistance on suspension components is most likely showing up your soft springs. It'll be more reactive and responsive as well.

SR-Rally
06-05-12, 10:55 PM
Did you Track it up again after you swapped these parts?

Jonlem
06-05-12, 10:56 PM
Were the brackets second hand ? I've had several sets of them in the past and the bearings haven't lasted a few weeks until they had play in them.

That said I ran them on coilovers with a LSD and the car handled lovely, just clicked when you pulled away which was annoying

thespannerman
06-05-12, 11:06 PM
hopefully having a look at it tomorrow, annoyingly the gte we have just built finally got an exhaust fitted today.....started her up, runs a treat.then dropped a pot.

will have to nick the coilovers and put them on the van i think.going to do the tracking tomorrow aswell.it does look like its toeing in slightly

they are brand new brackets that have been fitted
thanks for the info, any other info apreciated