PDA

View Full Version : My daily driver.

Archie
06-05-12, 06:20 PM
Didnt think it was worthwhile putting it in Projects.

2004 Facelift Civic Type R.

Few subtle mods, dont plan to do much more, rather spend my cash on the Nova :d

Window tints (Light smoke, all windows)
Wind deflectors.
K&N Typhoon.
Stainless catback.
Energy polyurethane torque mount bushes.

Will get the wheels refurbished, and eventually lower it as it could do with new top mounts, will gather bits up slowly then blitz it over a weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/CTR/c34e6369.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/CTR/b6482405.jpg

DAFTJOHN
06-05-12, 06:22 PM
Looks nice and clean mate, does it go well

Archie
06-05-12, 06:24 PM
Aye she goes well, not as well as my mates Jackson charged one did, drinks the juice like **** though.

turbojolt
06-05-12, 06:29 PM
There bound to be thirsty they make all there power right high in the rev range lol

Archie
06-05-12, 06:32 PM
There bound to be thirsty they make all there power right high in the rev range lol

VTEC noise is quite addictive, best i've had is 210 to a tank of fuel, worst is 175 ..... lol

turbojolt
06-05-12, 06:34 PM
That's alright lol

DAFTJOHN
06-05-12, 10:07 PM
Thought they'd be better in mpg, had been looking at one but that's back to impreza mpg lol

Lee H
06-05-12, 10:22 PM
Mine manages about 300 miles to a tank with a k100 ecu. Faster, more power and better economy so well worth doing.

Archie
06-05-12, 11:28 PM
Would only run K-Pro if i was to go down such routes, was fascinating how easily my mates could be adjusted from an array of basemaps available, and the fact theres a favoured tuner 15 minutes away should i want it further tinkered on a rolling road.

I'd definatly consider it if one came up though, it's one thing i know i wont lose money on.

Edit - Just noticed your signature, what are you running at those figures?

I assume, induction, exhaust, management? You running a facelift/lightened flywheel?

My mates one ran 242bhp with full Toda exhaust & Tegiwa imports gruppe M copy, prior to it being supercharged.

davidfox280585
06-05-12, 11:40 PM
My mates one ran 242bhp with full Toda & Tegiwa gruppe M copy, prior to it being charged.[/QUOTE]

This means nothing to me as in not Japanese could you put it in laymans terms for us Yorkshire folk

Archie
07-05-12, 12:15 AM
Edited :)

davidfox280585
07-05-12, 07:21 AM
Otherwise looks a nice thing

Lee H
07-05-12, 08:12 AM
Would only run K-Pro if i was to go down such routes, was fascinating how easily my mates could be adjusted from an array of basemaps available, and the fact theres a favoured tuner 15 minutes away should i want it further tinkered on a rolling road.

I'd definatly consider it if one came up though, it's one thing i know i wont lose money on.

Edit - Just noticed your signature, what are you running at those figures?

I assume, induction, exhaust, management? You running a facelift/lightened flywheel?

My mates one ran 242bhp with full Toda exhaust & Tegiwa imports gruppe M copy, prior to it being supercharged.

Toda manifold, Kakimoto exhaust, RBC inlet, Gruppe M filter, K100 ECU.

Still running a prefacelift flywheel. Car has done 115k as well!

Archie
07-05-12, 08:48 AM
Sounds well specced anyway, i take it the RBC is where your be gaining a little more power?

My clutch is getting a bit iffy on 88k so may get a further lightened one when i do the clutch.

Lee H
07-05-12, 08:54 AM
RBC is meant to gain approx 10bhp so I think so.

My clutch died at about 110k, couldn't engage next gear when over 8k rpm.

Archie
07-05-12, 09:48 AM
I'm going to change the box oil next time works quiet, hopefully buy me some time.

I know the clutch will probably be on its way but no harm in trying out the free option 1st lol

Do you use any Honda forums, mainly to prowl for goodies.
I use jdmy0 but its more general Jap opposed to model specific.

Lee H
07-05-12, 10:36 AM
I use www.civictype-r.co.uk quite a bit. Good for parts and info but the chat areas are a bit crap if you are not part of the in crowd!

novarobbo
07-05-12, 10:30 PM
dont suppose waggy is on there with his charged type r? its grey with blue wheels running over 300bhp from near grimby i used to work with him in scunthorpe and he used it daily and gave it death everyday into work. his missus also has a silver one thats turbo'd again he estimated it to be around 350bhp there both very quick!

he's just put a new type engine in his brothers EK9 thats cool as

im guessing he's probably on there with his type r's