PDA

View Full Version : been bit stupid lol

novait
06-05-12, 12:36 PM
hello alll
well been bit stupid by planing on taking the nova out to day for a long drive meet up with a few people etc and just found out the MOT ran out last night so wount be going out :(
but the really silly thing is that i was driving back at just after midnight last night in her and feel very lucky that i didnt get pulled by the old bill ...

ooops!!!!!

turbojolt
06-05-12, 12:41 PM
My brother done it for 4 months once lmfao

novait
06-05-12, 12:44 PM
i though it ran out at the end of the month not sure why i check it to be fair, just happy i did now lol

staggy_gsi
06-05-12, 12:45 PM
our work van was out by 9 months earlier this year....

best part is, we are a garage/MOT station, and we print reminders and send them to all our customers!! god knows how it got overlooked lol

novait
06-05-12, 12:48 PM
dose it make it worse that im a mechanic and mot tester then lol

TeddyThom
06-05-12, 12:51 PM
In all fairness, it doesn't show up on the initial checks that the old bill do anyways, they have to ask if it has MOT...

brainsnova
06-05-12, 01:35 PM
They don't mind mot, it's tax and insurance they get annoyed about lol

twistysnovagte
06-05-12, 01:38 PM
Youll find out that your wrong my friend, the new and updated ANPR can now detect weather you have no TAX,INSURANCE(DVLA),M.O.T(VOSA)(no m.o.t in some cases leads to no insurance) and can be checked wether the vehicle is on the move or stationary!

Spudly
06-05-12, 02:16 PM
They don't mind mot, it's tax and insurance they get annoyed about lol

Wrong there aswell, without an mot, a car is classed as being unroadworthy and would be impounded iirc, if caught!

novait
06-05-12, 02:32 PM
I best leave it on the drive and get it sorted Tuesday then :) lucky I don't need it really lol

Jack
06-05-12, 02:42 PM
Youll find out that your wrong my friend, the new and updated ANPR can now detect weather you have no TAX,INSURANCE(DVLA),M.O.T(VOSA)(no m.o.t in some cases leads to no insurance) and can be checked wether the vehicle is on the move or stationary!
No it doesn't. Police need to request the info.

mowgli
06-05-12, 03:15 PM
so you can't pop into work & fire up the computer?????

i suppose the days of interesting old mot certificates being left in the pad are over?

i once weighed in a car, and 3 months later, saw it for sale on the side of the road, viewed it & found it to still be rotten as a pear, then enquired about its mot to be shown a certificate that was written out 2 months before i'd weighed it in..... yes i rang trading standards......

twistysnovagte
06-05-12, 04:08 PM
No it doesn't. Police need to request the info.
i think youll find thats a thing of the past, this might sound stupid/silly but ive seen this on "traffic cops"/road wars ..........

plus ive just got this statement from wikipedia !

The National ANPR Data Centre is being built alongside the Police National Computer because of the need to be constantly updated with lists of suspect drivers and vehicles.[1] Car Registrations are checked against lists from the Police National Computer, including vehicles of interest to the police for crimes such as burglary or theft of petrol. Uninsured drivers will be identified from data provided by the insurance industry, vehicles without a valid MoT test certificate will be flagged, vehicles without a valid tax disc or with unlawful number plates will be identified.

edit ; not all police cars are fitted With this device(ANPR) more so traffic officer's,maybe so that your average police car/man will then have to "request" this information should they wish due to not having the ANPR fitted to his vehicle...........
ive also read somwhere that is costs around £2000 to have this device fitted!

burgo
06-05-12, 11:22 PM
wow its on the internets, must be true then.... im sure as per usual jack would have verified the facts with his sister before posting his reply.

Ben it would have to have been a proper **** of a copper to have done you last night

mowgli
07-05-12, 03:36 AM
bureaucracy means anpr systems are nowhere near as clever as they'd like us to believe.

Jack
07-05-12, 01:43 PM
wow its on the internets, must be true then.... im sure as per usual jack would have verified the facts with his sister before posting his reply.
Possibly, or I could ask Hayley, she's the police insider informant employee lol

Sister is the HMR&C person. Her hubby is the police dog handler (so is therefore well trained to marry my sister, roffles lol)... my uncle is a lawyer too, so all I need now is an accountant in the family somewhere and I'll have a full set lol