PDA

View Full Version : Wideband/narrowband

womble sri
05-05-12, 03:22 PM
Hi not an expert with electronics just swapped my old lumention narrow band over for an aem wide band on my nova (c20let). Lamda wiring is all fine etc however when i started it up the ignition came on fine but then died, now i pulled the relay off (pump etc) ane one of the terminals appeared melted around the plastic (see pic). I put it back on amd gave it another try, car fired up fine. Tried again and went dead.

The installation guide with the aem wideband stated to utilize a 10a fuse and the lumention does not mention althouh i assumed it did use one. But would a fuse make any difference? Would the aem gauge use wny more power than the lumention?

Thanks in advance, last thing i need is an electrical fault so close to pvs!

Said relay

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj601/neilpearman/5693a5c6.jpg

womble sri
05-05-12, 03:23 PM
Hopefully just a case of fuse and new relay

hotrod
05-05-12, 04:06 PM
Looks a bit more serious the fuse should stop things like the relay melting (the fuse being the weakest link in the system!)

Try double checking your wiring! your checking for shorts etc.

Good luck mate hope you get it sorted before pvs!

womble sri
05-05-12, 05:08 PM
Cheers fella. Like I say I didnt wire in a fuse as I assumes the old gauge would be running one (you know what they say about assumption). So I'll wire in an inline 10a fuse but surely that is just gonna blow? I'll check for shorts as its an existing live not a new one, but it worked fine before I disconnected it. Perhaps I have nicked the sheath somewere along the line!

Graeme
05-05-12, 05:53 PM
What pump is it running mate, looks like its drawing a lot more current than factory intended

hotrod
05-05-12, 07:31 PM
What pump is it running mate, looks like its drawing a lot more current than factory intended

Might have a point dude!

Graeme
05-05-12, 07:36 PM
There is a guy on mig that does unprated ones, I've just bought one for about thirty quid to run my 044

womble sri
05-05-12, 07:54 PM
Cool what's his name, there hasnt been a problem until I ch aged the gauge over though but perhaps it was about to give or slightly more current pushed it over the edge. It's a sytec pump

Graeme
05-05-12, 08:05 PM
Here (http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/items-sale/490289-uprated-c20let-xe-vinci-fuel-relay.html) is the thread, his name is Vinci

womble sri
05-05-12, 08:16 PM
Can't see it bud?

Graeme
06-05-12, 08:25 AM
Click the fancy here above