PDA

View Full Version : Rev counter wiring on a 1.0

Steve
04-05-12, 04:40 PM
Ok firstly, ive looked and looked behind the dash and there's no green wire hidden behind there, theres a green wire on the coil which ive removed in the pic, with a plug type fitting but that goes back into the loom, does it have anything to do with the dizzy? as theres a green one that runs down there.

Secondly ive run a wire from the only other connector on the coil and that doesnt run it so i'm confused, electrics aren't my strong point so any help would be appreciated. Its just a set of early nova six dials, not an aftermarket rev counter.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/novamyth/saloon/Photo70072.jpg

kent14sr
04-05-12, 05:53 PM
Have you run the wire to the male spade on the rear of the clocks?

Which side of the coil did you put the wire on? + or - ?

Steve
04-05-12, 10:52 PM
Yeah put it on the male spade on the clocks and the only free one on the coil is the one in he pic at the bottom, above the black wire.

mowgli
04-05-12, 11:00 PM
you connect it to the same terminal as the small wire that goes to the dizzy. it is terminal 1 if there are any markings.

marc69
04-05-12, 11:09 PM
The plug type connection (not the spade) is the one that goes to the rev counter on my 1.0

Steve
04-09-12, 03:24 PM
to bump up my old thread, ive now fitted a 1300 and if I run a wire from the green connector on the coil to the rev counter it works, but the green wire which was originally on the 1.0 coil doesn't run it.

It looks as though it goes back into the car loom and onto the relay on the left side of the fusebox, so can I just splice a feed from it onto the rev counter? I would just run a fresh wire but thats alot of faffing about if I don't need to.