PDA

View Full Version : 2litre novas......

Dave_Hay
26-07-03, 10:40 PM
well i came to a crossroads with my corsa and was just wondering a couple of things ;)

do all the 2litre nova owners on here use there car everyday??

if i were to go back to novas i would drive 60miles a day including town driving for when im at uni.....

just wondering what its like - i know youd get used to no pas but it would be very annoying for manouvering, and last time i was in a car with no abs i wrote it off lol oooops

so i was wondering if anyone knows of any novas with pas added (how hard would it be to match a corsas set up - any room ??? ) and abs... i think that would be an easy enough fit but how hard would it be to wire it in with ecu???

above questions would be for a 2litre engine already in a nova.

i know this is kinda a techy post but i was thinking this is more of an open discussion too......

cheers

Breeny
26-07-03, 11:09 PM
Don't be such a pussy. I use my turbo everyday and yes its heavy on the steering but i'm not a woman :P

You can put pas on a nova though.. look at the Novarally website, theres a guide how to do it.

Stuart
26-07-03, 11:52 PM
poof lol

you dont need abs! unless you are totally shit lol

if you really want it though the abs unit (the bit with all the pipework) has the "ecu" built in and it has sweet FA to do with the engine ecu (except on rather complex very modern cars that have allsorts doing things together)

all you'd need to do is remove from a corsa and fit the relevant bits onto the nova, since its essentially the same platform for mountings etc.

Snowface
27-07-03, 12:06 AM
you dont need abs! unless you are totally s**t lol

I think he's on about Power Assisted Steering, u must have mis read Anti-lock Braking System somehow.

Pas must be well good on a 2L, especially when cornering hard at speed.

Voodoo
27-07-03, 03:50 AM
Well, I use my valver every day to and from work, about 50 daily miles, and to be honest, you can get by without pas, but on parking it would be useful. I'm thinking of going the corsa rack - paxo pump, but I need to find out how to connect the pump to receive a signal from the digidash transducer, so it'll go hard at high speed. :?:
Apart from that, just remember: On a valver, use low throttle openings in low gears!!!! :oops: 8)

brian
27-07-03, 03:54 AM
I need to find out how to connect the pump to receive a signal from the digidash transducer, so it'll go hard at high speed.
what that about?
A valver isn't bad without pas. i drove mine 100 miles sometimes and was no prob

Fester
27-07-03, 04:48 AM
and last time i was in a car with no abs i wrote it off lol oooops

and abs... i think that would be an easy enough fit but how hard would it be to wire it in with ecu???

re: power steering get it sorted no need for it lol.

keep the standard steering wheel its big enough to gear it down for parking stuff with reasonable wheels

Ste_Nova
27-07-03, 11:54 AM
i used to use my for my 200 mile round trip to work.... no hassle at all

Rick Draper
27-07-03, 01:01 PM
I used to use my nova everyday when it had the 2ltr in and it has a quick rack and 17's so the steering was fairly heavy but not to bad at all. Now its got the Turbo in i dont use it everyday as its to unreliable and the engine is never in! lol Rick

dan_mk1
27-07-03, 01:59 PM
just wondering what its like - i know youd get used to no pas but it would be very annoying for manouvering, and last time i was in a car with no abs i wrote it off lol oooops

:lol: fag!

Voodoo
27-07-03, 03:05 PM
Brian,
On the paxo, the pump is wired to a sensor on the gearbox, so that at high speed the steering isn't too light. I'm thinking that if the number of impulses from the paxo sensor is compatible with the vauxhall digidash gearbox sensor, we're in business. Any gen? :?:

Jim
27-07-03, 03:42 PM
you dont need abs! unless you are totally s**t lol

I think he's on about Power Assisted Steering, u must have mis read Anti-lock Braking System somehow.

Pas must be well good on a 2L, especially when cornering hard at speed.

Cambridge is correct Snowface, Dave mentions ABS in his post, read it again slowly :P

Jim

Snowface
27-07-03, 04:57 PM
sorry, u are right, didn't see the little section on abs.

NovaSi
27-07-03, 06:30 PM
lmao

Dave_Hay
27-07-03, 07:15 PM
lol @ abuse

hay i could always put a valver in my corsa ;)

just hate fibreglass.....

NovaSi
27-07-03, 07:53 PM
You could do but I would prefer the Nova conversion rather than Corsa, your choice though :roll:

mr_tricky
27-07-03, 08:57 PM
I use my valver everyday and does 2oo miles every weekend picking my bird up and taking her home,and it gets hammerd. The xe comes with a power steering pump on it so why not just fit a corsa rack and use that pump.

Voodoo
27-07-03, 09:09 PM
Most importantly, from what I've heard, because the bottom pulley if left unchanged will hit the chassis, the outer pulley (pas) has to be ground away, and secondly, because a mechanical pump saps more engine power than a leccy one, not that you'd probbly notice that in a nova! :D

Dave_Hay
27-07-03, 09:59 PM
corsa rack will be too wide id have thought

novas look better than corsa - no doubt there, well tidy ones ;)

but i was getting on with there a bit old now and just wanted to see how many people drive there cars everyday and how bad there car is for corrosion....

you only notice pas when manouvering anyway - once your up at speed theres no diff between pas and no pas! (for corsas)

brian
28-07-03, 12:13 AM
corsa rack is too wide as it is alright. it needs to be modified with Nova track rod ends to work.
What about electric power steering? like what comes in New Corsas or puntos etc. bolts to the column. I don't know enough about it yet but plan to fit it in the rally car. A m8 at home has jst fitted it to a MK 2 so ill c when i get home in a few weeks

fearless
29-07-03, 12:47 AM
I brought the subject of power steering on a nova a while ago

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72500&highlight=

Due to get a corsa electric column off a car at work soon - so I may have a better idea then !!!

brian
29-07-03, 12:51 AM
definately has to be a lot handier alright.

Lee H
29-07-03, 10:29 AM
I use my 2.0 turbo Nova everyday for work when its not broken down :roll:

Sid
29-07-03, 12:30 PM
Buy a Quaiffe Quickrack. Job done.

Dave_Hay
29-07-03, 10:05 PM
I brought the subject of power steering on a nova a while ago

http://www.novaload.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72500&highlight=

Due to get a corsa electric column off a car at work soon - so I may have a better idea then !!!

you may have more luck with the pas tank system? electric coloumn sounds expensive.