PDA

View Full Version : xe fuel hose..

michael squeak
04-05-12, 03:50 PM
is there any car i can get some hose from to go from the tank to the engine?

changing from carb fuel hose to injection..

thanks mike

Iain
04-05-12, 05:40 PM
Nova SPI plastic lines?

Or just buy some new pipework and join it all up right

Nova_Tek
04-05-12, 07:21 PM
Copper feed lines will do the trick and are cheap. Return lines can be normal nylon as it isn't pressurised.

Lewis.
04-05-12, 08:19 PM
I used Nova SPI lines, as they came with the tank, fit nicely and look much better than copper imo

Nova_Tek
04-05-12, 08:26 PM
You can paint copper though ;)

Lewis.
04-05-12, 08:30 PM
but it still work hardens and goes brittle due to vibration. Personnally I hate copper, hence my brake pipes all being cunifer :thumb:

mowgli
04-05-12, 09:59 PM
but it still work hardens and goes brittle due to vibration. Personnally I hate copper, hence my brake pipes all being cunifer :thumb:

copper is the generic term.... the stuff you use for fuel lines is actually a copper alloy so it bends, it is the stuff they use for micro bore central heating pipe.

cunifer is also a copper alloy.

Lewis.
04-05-12, 10:42 PM
copper is the generic term.... the stuff you use for fuel lines is actually a copper alloy so it bends, it is the stuff they use for micro bore central heating pipe.

cunifer is also a copper alloy.

what most folk on here use for brake pipes is pure copper, cunifer is copper/nickel alloy, and had over twice the burst pressure of copper, doesn't weather, work hardens faster than copper (so it holds it's shape better), but doesn't go brittle,

also, if you try to undo your copper brake pipes after a year, you'll find them worse than steel pipes, as they fuse to the unions, and are so soft they just twist off instead of coming free.

Mazz
04-05-12, 10:57 PM

thats all i used, 8mm iirc and its fine

Markd89
05-05-12, 04:36 AM
I've just done mine, I used 8mm petrol rubber hose from motor factors, went to a scrapyard and took the plastic lines from a corsa I used rubber from the tank to an inline fuel filter, then some used the original corsa connectors for the other end of the filter.
As for the engine bay I used the fuel pipe from the donor car and joined it to my 8mm pipe with some strong hose clips, should do the job.
For the return I used what sed to be my original feed from my carb tank

mowgli
05-05-12, 09:13 AM
I've just done mine, I used 8mm petrol rubber hose from motor factors, went to a scrapyard and took the plastic lines from a corsa I used rubber from the tank to an inline fuel filter, then some used the original corsa connectors for the other end of the filter.
As for the engine bay I used the fuel pipe from the donor car and joined it to my 8mm pipe with some strong hose clips, should do the job.
For the return I used what sed to be my original feed from my carb tank

as long as you used fuel injection hose, & not just carb hose, this will be fine.