PDA

View Full Version : c20let average price?

jonn
02-05-12, 06:02 PM
what the average price in the uk for a good complete c20let with loom and ecu?
they are rare enough over here so just want to see if its worth buying one in the uk and shipping it over here on a pallet (about €135)

turbojolt
02-05-12, 06:22 PM
I normally see them for around £1000 lightly fettled, if you intend on rebuilding it might be cheaper to use a xe and build it up with turbo piston ect

jonn
02-05-12, 06:35 PM
they go for around €1000-1200 so not much of a difference really, building one from a xe would probably be the cheaper option and i am in no rush so i would have plenty of time to build one.

turbojolt
02-05-12, 06:39 PM
It's what I would do mate you see let engines being broke all the time so parts shouldn't be hard to find

swedge
02-05-12, 07:12 PM
if your gonna rebuild the engine i would just buy it in parts which would be cheaper

i was gonna build a let but changed my mind and just gonna build an xe and run my carbs on it

i was gonne build mine using an xe block with the oil return drilled and tapped into the block

youll need let pistons, let cams or 1 let and 1 xe cam and use a vernier for more power from the xe cam, you can use an xe inlet but need the let throttle body

obviously the fanimold too

Paul
02-05-12, 07:19 PM
Contact steveboyslim he sells a freshened up let with all ancillaries for £1200 ish. New rings, hg, headbolts, inlet gasket, ex gasket, shells if required, belt, everything else checked, can upgrade to arp rod bolts etc @ cost. By far the most cost effective option imo

turbojolt
02-05-12, 07:26 PM
Contact steveboyslim he sells a freshened up let with all ancillaries for £1200 ish. New rings, hg, headbolts, inlet gasket, ex gasket, shells if required, belt, everything else checked, can upgrade to arp rod bolts etc @ cost. By far the most cost effective option imo

Bloody hell that seems a good deal