PDA

View Full Version : cheap X20XEV power

hotrod
01-05-12, 10:41 PM
Was wondering if there was anything I could do to squeeze more power out of my X20XEV?

Already have air filter and exhaust but thought I could use your vaux know how to get some cheap power out of it!

Dont have alot of cash coz im going on holiday in the next couple of weeks and when I get back its full steam ahead on the hotrod! :d

Any help with this would be much appreciated!:)

~~joycey~~
02-05-12, 12:51 AM
Blanking the EGR valve off is a cheap mod, dos'nt really make it faster as such just smoother imo?

What you mean by "air filter" as x20xev's hate cone filters and your much better off with a airbox and panel filter being fed by a large air feed pipe?

Mine and a mates have a "dreaded ebay chip" in them with uprated fueling and rev limiter raised and beige injectors which makes alot of difference

Lastly a fairly cheap mod is putting a F16 gearbox on it as the reatios are much shorter?

Other than that its all fairly expensive stuff like porting and polishing the head, uprated cam shafts and a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold?

hotrod
02-05-12, 08:12 PM
Yeah mate its got the courtney panel filter and drilled air box.

Don't really want to change the box as i do a lot of motorway miles!

Been looking at the ebay chips, are they any good or will i need to change the investors too?

Got an old fse fuel pressure regulator in the shed off a 2.0 8v ebay sell the adaptor to fit it to mine do you think this will help too?

hotrod
02-05-12, 08:13 PM
Injectors not investors!

Damn predictive text!

~~joycey~~
03-05-12, 09:14 AM
lol

No point in fitting the fse unless your going to change the injectors and in any case unless you plan on increaseing everything else your only gonna make it run rich anyway tbh

hotrod
03-05-12, 12:39 PM
Ah right cheers mate!

What's the chip like anyway?