PDA

View Full Version : c20xe mis fire

nova_pipi
30-04-12, 04:49 PM
hi all, i have just fitted a late c20xe engine into my corsa b and its only sparking on two cylinders one and four and missing on cylinders 2 and 3, there is fuel getting in to the cylinders just no spark from the coil pack at 2 and 3. i have the eml wired in and nothing is showing up as being wrong, i have changed plugs, leads, coil pack, crank sensor, ecu and still have the same problem. I have been told off riggy from here it could possibly be the loom and a break in the wire somewhere. i was just wondering has anyone else had a similar problem and how they fixed it.
cheers :thumb:

swedge
30-04-12, 05:11 PM
arent the coilpacks in pairs?

i.e. 1 and 4 together and 2 and 3 together?

sound like the coilpack but you said youve changed it

nova_pipi
30-04-12, 05:20 PM
on the coil pack it looks like it is in a pair as both the plugs are on the upper half of the coil and seems to be in a lumpy section on the coil if you know what i mean, i was wondering if i could have bought a dodgy one, it was brand new from my local motorfactors but they got it in from some else

swedge
30-04-12, 05:42 PM
Swap the plugs around if it stays on 2-3 It's the leads or coilpack if it moves it's the plugs

If it dosnt move swap the leads round

If t moves then it's the leads

If it dosnt it's the coilpack

nova_pipi
30-04-12, 06:03 PM
tried swaping the leads around the other day and it didnt move from, where it comes from the coil at 2 and 3 so it must be a dodgy coil still, thanks dude

Will F
01-05-12, 08:31 AM
Coil packs are renowned for breaking - swap it.

nova_pipi
16-05-12, 12:27 PM
this problem turned out to be the ignition amplifier if anyone needs it for future reference.

BRoadGhost
16-05-12, 01:57 PM
I've had issues with ignition amplifiers too, so much so I've end up running an enlarged version mounted further away from the header tank because they don't like the heat.