PDA

View Full Version : Corsa C C16XE conversion

mk1nova_rich
28-04-12, 07:19 PM
I'm so tempted to bang my C16XE in my daily...so I'm doing my homework.

Physically it will fit in relatively easily apart from the left hand engine mount but thats not too much of a worry. I can use the existing driveshafts and gearbox with the hydraulic clutch, and I can use a custom exhaust.

The main things that are going to need consideration are fuelling, then the ECU and wiring.

Firstly, IIRC the 1.2 is single point injection - correct me if I'm wrong?!! The pump will need upgrading if this is the case...whats the best way?

My main concern is finding a way of running the car with the ABS and power steering, these need a speed signal from the ECU. There is very little information available regarding 'older' engines into a Corsa C but the general gist I'm getting is that both ECUs must be used. Obviously the C16XE ECU will control the engine but the Corsa ECU needs signal for the ABS and EPAS to operate properly. Will these work from the C16's VSS signal??

I appreciate some people will say don't bother...only reply if you are giving a useful response please :)

Will F
29-04-12, 12:02 AM
I am a bit confused with the post - I think youre putting a c16xe into a corsa C right?
In which case, you will need both ECUs (like you said) the clocks/gauges are basically controlled by the original ECU Iand it needs a signal from the c16xe crank sensor) and the engine ECU runs the engine. The EPAS runs off the ECU too, it doesnt need a seperate VSS.
ABS is the same - it runs off a seperate ECU, so dont worry about that.

mk1nova_rich
29-04-12, 06:09 AM
Yes into a Corsa C.

But how does the Corsa ECU get the signal for the EPAS and clocks etc cos the engine harness will be disconnected...?? Ie how do I get the rev counter to read off the C16XE?

Southie
06-01-13, 08:45 PM
Has anyone else got any more input on this, I've looked around the net and there's a distinct lack of info on it!

Only found a old conversion someone had on Corsa C but there's not much details on the fitment they did.