PDA

View Full Version : F'ing tax/vat man and his pal UPS!

Old man Jimbo
26-04-12, 08:02 PM
Bit peeved off today I'd been waiting on some sample bits from Turkey and after much pratting about UPS delivered today. Now they had been sent F.O.C. and listed and billed as such.

But the customs and excise man decided to open my package up and "estimated" that import tax was due and then when Mr UPS delivered I had to pay cash upfront plus £11 handling charge on top! :mad: Oh and it had to be the right money too. Nobber.

How the feck can you get charged VAT on an item that cost nothing! This country is beyond a f'ing joke. Then UPS having a slice aswell.

Rant over, Sorry I had to vent my spleen...

mowgli
26-04-12, 08:05 PM
just imagine how many thousands of items get sent from non eu countries as 'f.o.c'... the customs & excise people have an almost god given right to extract money from people.. gifts are also taxable.... you got off lightly imo..

scott.parker
26-04-12, 08:07 PM
So what was the total charge in all??

should of used royal mail, if i delivered it i would of not bothered charging you, as were good that way! lol

Old man Jimbo
26-04-12, 08:25 PM
just imagine how many thousands of items get sent from non eu countries as 'f.o.c'... the customs & excise people have an almost god given right to extract money from people.. gifts are also taxable.... you got off lightly imo..

How did I get of lightly? They are F.O.C. samples, not a gift, a set of sample parts that are no use to man or beast. They can't be used as they'd melt if used for what they're designed for. :confused:

So what was the total charge in all??

should of used royal mail, if i delivered it i would of not bothered charging you, as were good that way! lol

Total charge was more than I'm prepared to say but put it this way I could've had the parts custom made from titanium and other exotic alloys for less. I nearly passed out when he handed me the bill! I had to ring up his head office to double check I wasn't paying for a scam he could retire off lol

Lewis.
26-04-12, 08:33 PM
did the delivery driver look like this man? lol

http://scene-media.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fonejacker.jpg

Total charge was more than I'm prepared to say

that bad?

Novasport
26-04-12, 08:57 PM
Why bother paying, just tell them to send it back. You would not have lost anything as you did not buy them

Nova_Tek
26-04-12, 09:00 PM
^ lol @ above pic - sounds like con. Maybe call up customs people and ask how they can charge for something that costs nothing?

Simple maths:

20% of 0 = 0

Therefore - 0 + 0 = 0

Lewis.
26-04-12, 09:03 PM
Why bother paying, just tell them to send it back. You would not have lost anything as you did not buy them

this lol

Old man Jimbo
26-04-12, 09:05 PM
did the delivery driver look like this man? lol

http://scene-media.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fonejacker.jpg

that bad?

That's the guy!lol

Because a lot of time has been put into it by both sides. Plus not the best way to do business is it. A handful of tricks like that and nobody would deal with you.

Sad, but that's why it's easier and safer to deal with companies outside the UK. As most people over here would funk you over as soon as look at you if they thought they'd get a few quid in the short term.

Lewis.
26-04-12, 09:07 PM
now we're all curious, what were the samples?

Nova_Tek
26-04-12, 09:08 PM
Kebabs lol

Old man Jimbo
26-04-12, 09:09 PM
lollollol

MK999
26-04-12, 09:13 PM
now we're all curious, what were the samples?

Semen.

mowgli
26-04-12, 09:27 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCt7zA1FhykRb24ZKRJsUF1X7xcfemY AcH8JqGl75qjD9IhHpJ????
or
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4qy31J-TRBOm21AZR7d4mqXcYEf5lXq0GOgGbLRDrrbqea6QJQQ

Old man Jimbo
26-04-12, 09:32 PM
Can't a guy get "Turkish delight" sample without getting robbed then mocked?

MK999
26-04-12, 09:35 PM
Well, he did say there was some effort put into it by both parties, and customs wanted compensation when they looked inside.

Jack
26-04-12, 09:37 PM
Duty or VAT?

Samples for legit business purposes aren't subject to VAT, with a few conditions. I think duty is only exempt on 'low value' samples though so if the stuff is worth a fair whack (and I don't mean worth as in what you paid for it lol) you may have to stump up

Lewis.
26-04-12, 09:44 PM
lol but he said they would melt, so the guessing game continues lol

mowgli
26-04-12, 09:44 PM
chocolate butt plugs?

Lewis.
26-04-12, 09:52 PM
lol lol lol lol lol with a turkish delight center?

mowgli
26-04-12, 10:00 PM
i somehow don't think putting turkish delight as the filling in a chocolate butt plug will add to the flavour much....

Lewis.
26-04-12, 10:21 PM
lmao I'd imagine not. althoughn this site is probably the best experienced in such matters lol

I love this site. 0 to gay in 13 posts lol

mowgli
26-04-12, 10:31 PM
it usually gets done on the 1st post by the OP

Lewis.
26-04-12, 10:36 PM
fair point lol

Alex J
27-04-12, 09:29 AM
im am ex UPS driver here, £11 is **** all tax, it depends on what it was, as all items coming in from abroad have to have whats in it wrote on it, and thats how they tax it, not all parcels are taxed, only some are picked out at a time, you were just unlucky this time, i once had a velvet jacket on the van with a tax bill from the united states was £190 lol

Matt2107
27-04-12, 01:22 PM
When I worked for parcelfarce the international parcels were tracked poorly.
A lot of drivers would pocket the money and not report the parcel as delivered on their manifests. :-D

Nova_Tek
27-04-12, 08:02 PM
Turkish delight boost hoses?

mowgli
27-04-12, 08:08 PM
chocolate brake pads???

Nova_Tek
28-04-12, 07:27 PM
lol

Cheese LSD?

Lewis.
28-04-12, 09:29 PM
it's obviously a doner turbo. all the fat will ooze out when on boost lol

Old man Jimbo
28-04-12, 11:11 PM
Bit of a strange insight into how you lots minds work.. Disturbing. :tard:

They're PTFE sample machine parts to check for fit blah blah before being made from sterner stuff.

No bum fun or village people related items. Sorry if that disappoints most of you lol

Alex J the parts where sealed and labeled as "sample parts for trial fitment only" and in big capital letters "THESE PARTS ARE SENT AS A SAMPLE. THEY ARE FREE" and the cost was less than a thousand but more than one hundred and came with a printed UPS invoice for "DUTY/VAT CHARGES" the paper work has been rummaged through and the package and contents have all been torn open and (badly) resealed.

So if that your idea of funk all tax I'd hate to be on the receiving end of one of your big tax bills.

I await the PTFE sex toy debate lol

brainsnova
28-04-12, 11:17 PM
£11 samples. Sorted