PDA

View Full Version : Gear linkage options?

cossienova
25-04-12, 12:09 AM
The gear linkage/selector on my td nova is shot, won't go into 1st or 2nd when cold and sometimes when warm. Inspection showed that there's loads of play in it as the nylon bushes are worn. Is it possible to get new bushes or is it easier to replace the whole thing? Is the td selector the same as any other 5 speed nova?

autoworksnovasport
25-04-12, 09:11 AM
same rear mount and box as most othger novas so id say yeah there the same easyer to just replace the whole thing its the same amount of work

garyc
25-04-12, 09:13 AM
I replaced the std bushes with some nylon ones of ebay that tightend it up to an acceptable level. If you want it spot on you will have to make a rose jointed one, there is a guide somewhere on here how to do it.

Iain
25-04-12, 09:23 AM
LMFVauxhall sell the nylon bushes, around a tenner.

cossienova
25-04-12, 09:44 AM
Great stuff cheers guys was thinking maybe you couldn't get them any more. I may have a go at doing a rose jointed one then and get onto LMF for a new bush kit.

GRUNT 16V
25-04-12, 10:31 AM
I can convert your linkage to a rose jointed item if req please pm me if you need to
many thanks

Mieran
25-04-12, 10:37 AM
Do you mean the nylon cups? If so then you can't get them

Pistol Pete
25-04-12, 11:12 AM
LMFVauxhall sell the nylon bushes, around a tenner.

Do you mean the nylon cups? If so then you can't get them

Whats it to be? lol

I too would be interested to know as mine is very slack!

Edit: LMF sell the nylon bushes that the pin goes through.

cossienova
25-04-12, 01:01 PM
Yeah the nylon cups I mean. I'l try calling LMF see what they say. If not I'l have a look at making some.

Iain
25-04-12, 01:16 PM
Yeah the pivot bush, sorry I thought thats what we were talking about.

Nylon pivot bush and four rosejoints to replace the standard socket items is the best route.

mk1nova_rich
26-04-12, 06:20 AM
Bronze pivot bush will be even better when I finally get round to making one lol