PDA

View Full Version : HT Leads - High Performance

novarally
24-04-12, 09:25 PM
It's time to replace the HT leads on my Nova, so I'm interested to know what people are using.

Naturally for my car it won't be standard ones...........

The Magnecor R100 ones seem to be about the best available, but if anyone knows of others I'm keen to hear.

I'm using a Ford coil pack conversion onto a 1200cc OHC-type Nova engine.

Andy
24-04-12, 09:54 PM
Believe it or not i have heard off a few people the most over hyped,overpriced mod on any engine is "performance leads"
To be fair it stands to reason really-it either produces current or it doesnt...

nevidred
24-04-12, 09:55 PM
Magnecor all the way colin im using a ford coil pack on my 1600 8v they can supplie any ends and length you ask for

novarally
24-04-12, 09:57 PM
Magnecor all the way colin im using a ford coil pack on my 1600 8v they can supplie any ends and length you ask for

Thanks.

Did you buy direct from them? Or through a dealer?

novarally
24-04-12, 09:58 PM
Believe it or not i have heard off a few people the most over hyped,overpriced mod on any engine is "performance leads"
To be fair it stands to reason really-it either produces current or it doesnt...

I do agree with this, but that probably won't stop me spending out on something flash....

MK999
24-04-12, 09:59 PM
I bet magnecor leads weigh more than standard ones...

Andy
24-04-12, 10:00 PM
I do agree with this, but that probably won't stop me spending out on something flash....
Thats fair enough,they may not produce better power/performance but they might last longer,not sure if theres any evidence to support this however,but would be interesting to know if the 0MG colours they supply warrant the price tag!