PDA

View Full Version : XE oil pump

bazil
23-04-12, 11:27 PM
So I've had an XE sitting from 2003, I've decided to give it a headgasket and check over with timing belt, water pump and pulley change.

Should I trust the old oil pump or replace it? They ain't cheap!

Opinions please.

Nova_Tek
24-04-12, 12:19 AM
Open it up to see what it's like. Check the clearance between the gears and the larger gear to the pump body itself. Check the relief valve too.

Lee H
24-04-12, 08:52 AM
If you are going to replace it be very wary about pattern parts as so many people have had problems using cheap pumps. I'd rather use a 100k GM pump than some of the pattern ones available.

Will F
24-04-12, 08:55 AM
As long as the relief valve is nice and free - just use it. Like Lee said, unless your going genuine - they aint worth changing anyway

bazil
24-04-12, 09:04 AM
The relief valve was taken out and used in my mates LET as his valve kept sticking, I'll get a nylon one to replace it and give it a check over for signs of wear,

Thanks for the replies

dc1984
24-04-12, 11:59 AM
I got a Courtney pump for mine mate, they have never had one returned that's failed apparently.

Old man Jimbo
24-04-12, 12:29 PM
The relief valve was taken out and used in my mates LET as his valve kept sticking, I'll get a nylon one to replace it and give it a check over for signs of wear,

Thanks for the replies

I wouldn't bother myself. I think they are the most over priced and over rated bloody thing out there as far as XE/LET's are concerned. If you're valve is going to stick it's due to grit and **** in there and the nylon ones stick just as readily as the metal type. I know been there and seen that several times! lol

bazil
24-04-12, 01:38 PM
The only reason for the nylon one would be the fact I don't actually have one lol

I'll see if I can still get one from vauxhall etc and also check if they are the same on other engines,

David how much was your pump ?

dc1984
24-04-12, 01:44 PM
The only reason for the nylon one would be the fact I don't actually have one lol

I'll see if I can still get one from vauxhall etc and also check if they are the same on other engines,

David how much was your pump ?

I will have a look through my receipts mate and send you a wee text;)