PDA

View Full Version : mowglis rant about other road users...

mowgli
23-04-12, 10:16 PM
ok, i've recently had to go back on driving an artic full time...

now, this is aimed at some car & van drivers, and homeowners

1. my wagon does not handle or stop like an f1 car.
so stop treating it like it does, i can't simply zip from lane to lane to avoid you, when you suddenly realise that when your shatnav says turn off here, that you must turn off here...
2. i will not pull onto a grass verge to let you in your discovery/freelander/other 4x4 come bumbling down the middle of the road towards me, cos recovery costs a hell of a lot more than a car wash.
3. oddly enough, i actually don't want to be down your cul-de-sac either, so don't sit revving your engine in annoyance, even though there is enough room to get a sodding combine harvester past.
4. i do know what time it is.
5. just because you have stopped your car, it doesn't make it magically shrink so i can get round you..
6. i'm far too busy driving my wagon to manage to screw your missus when you are at work, so don't look at me like i'm going to.
7. of course i'm going to say yes when you offer me a tea, so just ask if i want milk & sugar & leave me to unload my bricks.
8. home owners, when a large lorry appears with a crane on it to unload bricks, it really doesn't need you to manually turn it, i can manage.
9. this thing doesn't hover up gardens either.
10. yes it has got a bunk bed in there & yes its quite comfortable

thankyou for looking.....

novasrikev
23-04-12, 10:21 PM
i think you forgot the wildlife lol

mowgli
23-04-12, 10:24 PM
why, i don't kill any... apart from road bugs on hot days, & theres not been any

bazil
23-04-12, 10:29 PM
I've gave up giving a fcuk mate, nobody cares about me so I return the favor,

TBH I will not let ignorant stupid people raise my blood pressure anymore.

blue_peg_16v
24-04-12, 12:12 AM
You wanna try being in a driving school car with e ery fecker cutting you up because they don't want to be behind a learn just remember learners can do 60 too,

Had a guy today honking his horn as the lights turned green give the girl a bloody chance, he then proceeded to get really annoyed and started waving at us to get out the way we were in a 30 zone doing 30 he then overtook us on a double White line shame the police wernt in there usual place to see it

bazil
24-04-12, 12:16 AM
^^ to be honest learners are about the only ones I have time for, the rest should know better.

Connor
24-04-12, 12:35 AM
1. my wagon does not handle or stop like an f1 car.
so stop treating it like it does, i can't simply zip from lane to lane to avoid you, when you suddenly realise that when your shatnav says turn off here, that you must turn off here...

Wish i could rep you for this but i have to share the love. This has definately been the case today especially in this horrid weather, cars bikes and even pedestrians today :roll:

steviegsi
24-04-12, 12:53 AM
I thought people's driving was bad before, but since learning to drive a rigid ( artic next month) I have noticed it even more. Everyone should have a go in something bigger than a car just to gain a bit of perspective on how much effort is involved in manoeuvring amongst fcuking gimps.

brainsnova
24-04-12, 01:03 AM
I dont mind being held up by learners but the learner might think wtf when the transit behind has moved into the middle to block an impatient driver lol

mowgli
24-04-12, 06:14 AM
one thing that really annoys me about learners & this is aimed at the local instructors... there is one really wide road that links where i live to a large newer development, and is in effect an arterial road for our part of town... at 5:30pm, is it really wise to have some poor soul learn to do a 3 point turn right there?? there are other more challenging roads to learn on & even if this one is on the test route, you don't really need to show them it. but its not just one of them, oh no, there can be several at once....

Hobbit
24-04-12, 07:29 AM
From what i can gather, 90% of car drivers think all their food at tesco's gets there by magic ****ing carpet. Because they are happy to shop for everything all under one roof, but won't give wagon drivers a bit if space/time/courtesy. To be honest i've had enough of it. This is why I want a break from driving.

Its also the only job you get every **** taking money off you to work. Whether it be dvla/vosa/local councils.

Benn
24-04-12, 08:07 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mowgli again.

Almost anyone in a van gets it. People are frigging thick and most shouldn't be aloud out on the road.

pie
24-04-12, 09:47 AM
got to love your rants mr mowgli :thumb:

turbojolt
24-04-12, 09:56 AM
I use to work on one of them grabber trucks filling holes in roads after gas or water works, the shear amount of ****ing bellends that appear to just want the holes left there not filled in is funny use to get in more scraps then a bouncer lol, and I only done it Sundays were was everyone in such a rush to?

Jack
24-04-12, 09:58 AM
lol there was a woman (for "woman" read "dragon with its wings clipped") on the driver awareness course I did a while back who came to loggerheads with a trucker. Apparently, when its 'school hours' the trucks should just magically disappear off the roads to get out of the way of the school run.

Pretty much all the people in there, including the two guys leading the course, were doing this face :wtf:

Incidentally, I recommend those courses if you get 'invited' (lol) to do one. Really does open your eyes, not in terms of the course content but to the other people on the course and what incompetent fools are allowed out on the roads lol

Stuart
24-04-12, 10:02 AM
When a car has its hazards on at the side of a dual carriageway (about 50% off the road as there is no hard shoulder to speak of), will all cars and lorries and busses make the sodding effort to avoid the car..... not 'just get as close as possible even though lane 2 is empty'

cooonts

bazil
24-04-12, 10:11 AM
If the government wanted to make a few quid they could make us all resit our driving test every 5 years, not to assess driving skill but driving attitude and awareness,

Just a simple 30 min test including a motorway section,

The government would make millions, more jobs would be created and driving standards could be raised,

And rather than failing a test your licence should be endorsed with point every time you fail, so if you drive like a **** it'll cost you more everytime you fail and make you improve your driving.

Stuart
24-04-12, 10:15 AM
or passing = discount on insurance.

turbojolt
24-04-12, 10:18 AM
Yer right the government should enforce more laws on fully legal drivers rather then more time money and resources getting people off the road that shouldn't be there in the first place

bazil
24-04-12, 10:23 AM
Most arseholes on the road are fully legal, and IMO its only a matter of time before driving licences will have to be renewed regularly,

In my job, as well as many others, I have to renew all my saftey certificates every 5 years with a days training to retain my tickets,

turbojolt
24-04-12, 10:28 AM
Can you honestly say you was a better driver straight after passing your test compared to now I know I wasn't

bazil
24-04-12, 10:38 AM
Yes I can, because I actually had to concentrate and be aware of everything around me, now even after sitting an hgv test aswell I simply have many bad habits

And im not talking about testing driving skill but driving attitude and awareness, some folk arcane even see a police car behind them on the motorway with blue light and siren going, but a learner would see it,

Spudly
24-04-12, 10:45 AM
Can you honestly say you was a better driver straight after passing your test compared to now I know I wasn't

In theory you shouldve been a better driver when you passed your test, as you are at test standard :p

My mate said to me many years ago, when youre driving, to imagine the most idiotic, stupid, thoughtless thing any other driver around you could possibly do, then expect them to do it!

Nine out of ten times they will do the stupid thing youre expecting them to, and because youre expecting it, then youre already slowing down/hanging back or whatever, defensive driving and it works!

I was out in the nova last week, went all the way round a roundabout on a dual carriageway, late on so it was dark and i was indicating, in the lane closest to the roundabout (as i was going all the way round and back the other way) and i could see a set of headlights steaming up to me, so i was left with a choice, slow down as i could clearly see the car was going to apex the roundabout and hold his speed as he negotiated it, or slow down as i didnt have time to floor it and get out of his way, remaining at the same speed i was doing wouldve resulted in his mk4 astra being sat on my passenger seat, so i slowed, he saw me at the last minute and skidded to a halt on the roundabout with a petrified expression on his face lol

I knew id be fine as id already reacted to him assuming that noone would be going all the way round, on a 'round' about, funny how the name explains what its for, yet noone expects you to use it the way it is named!

Lee
24-04-12, 12:33 PM
I kind of agree with what a lot of people are saying here, but i'm going to be devils advocate and say we have some of the safest roads in terms of people using them in the world IMO.

Ive driven a lot on the continent, and people there drive like they are in their own little bubble. No one feels the need to give way, no one says thankyou, and 9 times out of 10 if you're on a roundabout in France the people entering it in front of you wont even look!

Ive also driven quite a bit in South America. And I'm sorry, but if the standard of driving here is getting you down you need to spend some time attempting to drive around that place. Last time I was there we regularly had to do a 2 hour drive to Rio and back to my dads for various reasons, and I was genuinely scared for my life on numerous occasions. One of the worst was pootling back one night. Pitch black at about 80kph in the rain. I was driving, and a coach came up behind me and was maybe 1 or 2 inches off my back bumper. This may not sound too harrowing, but then suddenly an articulated lorry started to overtake the bus and me! Oncoming vehicles had to swerve into the hard shoulder on the other side, but not one flashed or anything. It was perfectly normal! Same sort of thing occured a few days later, dads driving, came round a bend on a piece of road and we were presented with an Artic overtaking another one. We missed it by a few inches. I assure you there are very few things in life that will scare the bejesus out of you more than that!

Im not the Greatest passenger in the world, but over there my **** was constantly eating the seat whenever out on the road, and even driving there were times I was genuinely scared for my safety.

So dont get too irate about idiots on our roads because most of them are pretty harmless in comparison.

Jack
24-04-12, 12:39 PM
^ "Everyone on the road is an idiot" is what my old instructor used to teach me lol

Define "better". More experienced drivers are more in control but that doesn't make them better as such - unfortunately, with that experience tends to come laziness/bad habits/lack of concentration. New drivers generally have accidents because they don't know what to do, experienced drivers would have an accident because they didn't see something coming.

Was driving home the other day and a learner pulled straight out in front of me from a side road. Didn't even slow down, just steamed right out. Luckily I saw the L-plated car approaching so gave her some space expecting something daft to happen lol
Point of proof being, she would have had an accident as she didn't realise she was supposed to stop. I would have had an accident because I didn't see/wasn't aware of her (and what learners are likely to do). That sums up the difference really.

[edit] We do indeed have the safest roads in the world btw, lowest 'severe injury' and death rates on our roads per cars-on-road. Can't remember the exact figures but for 2010 its something like 1800 deaths - not bad for 40 million vehicles.

mowgli
24-04-12, 05:53 PM
We do have the safest roads in the developed world per capita....but that still doesn't account for the lack of thought that goes into the average british journey.....so many people react to things as they happen, and don't appear to see more than the front edge of their bonnets... Whereas a trucker is taught to look about 400yds ahead as well as right in front of them

i had someone come bumbling into a small side road at b'ham university today.. I had just negotiated several snaking turns on this 12' wide road, and just as i got to the wide bit on the main road, a lecturer shot in & demanded that i reversed out of his way... So i asked him to go bollox... He did.

I was pulling into a fuel station today & was nearly at the pump (i was taking a wide turn to line up on the pump) and a copper in a range rover overtook me, stopped & walked into the shop for a coffee!!!!!!! I felt like asking him to show me how to operate his indicators, cos i really can't remember the last time i saw a cop car use them..... Then as i tried to move forward as he left, some dizzy thing tried the same manoeuvre......i managed to make her reverse, but after the meal she made of it, i wish i hadn't. Oh, and she was in a mini cooper.... Which must be the worst driven car on british roads....

thespannerman
24-04-12, 06:02 PM
plenty of time for profesional drivers!

i failed my first class 2 test because some **** cut me up on a small roundabout, and i thought id nearly hit him....ended up clipping the kerb .....wasnt happy

P**K was on the phone too!

my daily drive through gainsborough ends up with someone trying to crash into me every day..im f****ng sure they do it on purpose.....ooh look big landrover i must drive like a c**t to get past it!!

rant over !lol

mowgli
24-04-12, 10:05 PM
plenty of time for profesional drivers!

i failed my first class 2 test because some **** cut me up on a small roundabout, and i thought id nearly hit him....ended up clipping the kerb .....wasnt happy

P**K was on the phone too!

my daily drive through gainsborough ends up with someone trying to crash into me every day..im f****ng sure they do it on purpose.....ooh look big landrover i must drive like a c**t to get past it!!

rant over !loli failed my first class 1 because some idiot in a danish bacon wagon tried to play chicken with me.. I still don't buy danish bacon, that bast4rd cost me a lot of coin...

Lee
24-04-12, 10:43 PM
Bacon....

Chicken....

http://princessfats.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/homer-drool1.jpg?w=470

Stuart
24-04-12, 11:00 PM
I never give way unless the road markings say I have to, I never thank anyone either.... This has come from driving through a village with a poncey school every day where they barge and no one thanks etc lol

Lee
24-04-12, 11:06 PM
I never give way unless the road markings say I have to, I never thank anyone either.... This has come from driving through a village with a poncey school every day where they barge and no one thanks etc lol

Are you sure its not because you are a Git? lol

Stuart
24-04-12, 11:09 PM
There is that too

turbojolt
24-04-12, 11:42 PM
Is there a law dictating you have to move over for the police?

TeddyThom
25-04-12, 12:31 AM
IIRC no you don't have to move out of their way. Even if they are blue'sing and two'sing. However they will stare at you like they are about to arrest you and feed yuou to the dogs and generally get rather upset. However, I believe the general rule of thumb is this: sh!t happens. lol.

krazeedude
25-04-12, 12:54 AM
Driving down a residential road, I saw an Audi coming towards me. One half of this road is a solid line of cars, the other is free to drive on. I saw a space for my car 7-10 car lengths ahead, and none behind me for quite a while, the Audi is about equally far away, but as it's the Audi's right of way, I'll pull in there. The Audi didn't slow down. There's one car width, and it's still coming towards me. Yep. The fat bitch didn't care that two car lengths behind her was a space for me, she drove right up to my car and put her hands up with a 'now what?' face on. I pointed to the space for me, and she waved her hands in a 'go backwards' motion.
I thought 'no one can be this thick' so I put on my handbrake, and she put on hers, I got out, and she looked shocked. I walked over, and she didn't open her window, she just shouted from the inside "You reverse, it's my right of way, this is a big red Audi, hard to miss."
I said "If you reverse slightly, I can go in that space, so you can get past, as I was going to do"
I was shocked when she said "Why should I reverse?"
I said because the next space behind me is 100m+ away!
The fat bitch folded her arms. I had somewhere to be, so I mounted the opposing pavement (not easy when lowered) and purposely drove within about 2-3 inches of her car. She shat herself. I flipped her off as I left as I was fuming.

Better option: If I had nowhere in particular to be, I'd have locked and left the car. My GF lived about 1 minute's walk away, so I'd have given her a full 5 to **** off before returning. I still get angry thinking about it. Courtesy costs nothing, I almost always let people out and stuff, as it's polite, and not like they're going to hold me up. The to have a driver like this, jesus.

Spudly
25-04-12, 02:38 AM
Should've told her you're off to the garage as reverse is ****ed, then try the lever against reverse without the clutch down so it made a horrible grinding noise to verify your lie, then tell her you can't reverse as it doesn't work lol

thespannerman
25-04-12, 07:41 AM
i failed my first class 1 because some idiot in a danish bacon wagon tried to play chicken with me.. I still don't buy danish bacon, that bast4rd cost me a lot of coin...

know where your coming from.....cost me another £350! and now trying to save the money to do my class 1......hasnt worked.spent it all on a nova!!!!lol

Jack
25-04-12, 07:48 AM
Should've told her you're off to the garage as reverse is ****ed
I had to make 4 cars reverse out of an Asda car park once due to that reason lol If the daft woman in front of me had given me room rather than driving up to my bonnet everything would have been Ok. But no, she caused a queue and everyone had to go back. Oh how popular I was that day lol

Is there a law dictating you have to move over for the police?
I doubt there is a specific 'you must make way for a policeman' law, but you would be knobbled for obstructing an officer if you really made a meal of it. If it was a case of move or break a law I'd stay put, but if I could manouever out the way without causing another hazard I'd move.

There was a guy a while back who got busted for crossing a stop line at red traffic lights to let an ambulance through - afaik pics from the RLC even had the ambulance on them but the court upheld the charge and fined the driver.

mowgli
25-04-12, 09:00 PM
i was digging in a water main a few years back (near mallory park) 300 yds down a lane. so we had cones & traffic lights..
this was going swimmingly until a local lad (old transit with his bike racing number on the side) decided to overtake 2 people who were waiting for the light to change & come flying thru our roadworks. there were 6 oncoming cars, & i simply threw a 4' road cone in his path & stepped into the road behind it. yes, i was livid. and he managed to stop before the cone. i then said 'you will now reverse all the way back behind the other 2 vehicles & started walking towards him. amazingly, he did exactly what i said.

as for right of way in general... most car users (as opposed to drivers) believe their 4 wheeled invincible cacoon has the right of way everywhere... the rule i have always worked to is this... if it is bigger than you, give it room

Lee
25-04-12, 10:52 PM
if it is bigger than you, give it room

This is why I enjoy having a van as a daily drive. I don't tend to be messed with by cars, and things bigger than me, such as trucks, tend to be driven by people with more than one braincell.

paul080803
25-04-12, 11:00 PM
Driving down a residential road, I saw an Audi coming towards me. One half of this road is a solid line of cars, the other is free to drive on. I saw a space for my car 7-10 car lengths ahead, and none behind me for quite a while, the Audi is about equally far away, but as it's the Audi's right of way, I'll pull in there. The Audi didn't slow down. There's one car width, and it's still coming towards me. Yep. The fat bitch didn't care that two car lengths behind her was a space for me, she drove right up to my car and put her hands up with a 'now what?' face on. I pointed to the space for me, and she waved her hands in a 'go backwards' motion.
I thought 'no one can be this thick' so I put on my handbrake, and she put on hers, I got out, and she looked shocked. I walked over, and she didn't open her window, she just shouted from the inside "You reverse, it's my right of way, this is a big red Audi, hard to miss."
I said "If you reverse slightly, I can go in that space, so you can get past, as I was going to do"
I was shocked when she said "Why should I reverse?"
I said because the next space behind me is 100m+ away!
The fat bitch folded her arms. I had somewhere to be, so I mounted the opposing pavement (not easy when lowered) and purposely drove within about 2-3 inches of her car. She shat herself. I flipped her off as I left as I was fuming.

Better option: If I had nowhere in particular to be, I'd have locked and left the car. My GF lived about 1 minute's walk away, so I'd have given her a full 5 to **** off before returning. I still get angry thinking about it. Courtesy costs nothing, I almost always let people out and stuff, as it's polite, and not like they're going to hold me up. The to have a driver like this, jesus.

I had practically the same situation a few years ago!!

I was in no hurry so got out the car, locked it and sat on a bench right by the road and started to read a magazine. It took the driver of the merc almost 5 minutes to realise I wasn't going to back down and reverse back. I then finished the page I was on and got in the car and moved it. My mate couldn't get in the car, he was laughing so much he couldn't breath!!!!

bazil
25-04-12, 11:03 PM
The Audi driver probably couldn't reverse as it was a women driver lol

Had to laugh today, got sent to a job as the police had told a site to clean the road as they had sevral lorrys taking muck off site, so I duly turned up started cleaning up then the police came back round and complained to the site manager I was obstructing the traffic lol I was using 2nd gear untill they showed up, then used crawler just to make my point of how slow I could go lol

mowgli
12-06-12, 08:37 PM
thread update time...

11. why do people with small children always, without fail, even if they are behind bus shelters, lamp posts or railings, drag their child to the far inside of the pavement when a wagon appears in the same postcode as them??? do they really think we get a bonus for running people over????

12. i'm now on a wagon & drag & was trying to turn it round in a residential street today, and had to back round a corner..... all was going well until i need a quick shunt forwards to improve my trailers position to avoid a parked car, to find a car in front of me about 3" off my front bumper, and she wouldn't even reverse an inch.. so when i moved again, guess what she did???? yup, she kept pushing me... i took the keys out & showed them to her, and then asked her to give me some room.

13. the m3 had a small sprinkling of water on it west of the fleet services, where the centre drain had blocked... so the highways agency managed to get a 2hr queue on it....i saw the 'flood' at 6:30am.... it really was piddly..

14. forget black holes, gate men on large building sites are the densest objects known to man.....

Pistol Pete
12-06-12, 09:39 PM
And breathe....lol

Tiger13
12-06-12, 09:48 PM
What about the lorry drivers that block all 3 lanes on the motorway so they can overtake whilst only doing .5 of a mph faster than the one they overtaking, Why bother? Pisses me off, Especially when its wet and trying to get past is a nightmae with all the spray

Pistol Pete
12-06-12, 09:52 PM
LMFAO...yeah because its a piece of piss to get up to 56mph in a 44t lorry :roll:

Tiger13
12-06-12, 09:59 PM
Lorries should be banned from overtaking in the wet, Its dangerous pure and simple

turbojolt
12-06-12, 10:12 PM
oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ive been saved by there over spray when forgeting to top up my washer bottle there diamonds lol

Spudly
12-06-12, 10:49 PM
How can a wagon occupy all three lanes of a motorway, theyre not even permitted to enter lane three so thats just crap lol

MK999
12-06-12, 10:51 PM
How can a wagon occupy all three lanes of a motorway, theyre not even permitted to enter lane three so thats just crap lol

Wagon in lane 1 and 2, and the usual 60mph crew forced into the outside lane, I've actually seen 3 mile long traffic queues caused by this before as all the BMW/Audi's line up in lane 3, along with everyone else doing more than 60 lol

Spudly
12-06-12, 10:59 PM
Wagon in lane 1 and 2, and the usual 60mph crew forced into the outside lane, I've actually seen 3 mile long traffic queues caused by this before as all the BMW/Audi's line up in lane 3, along with everyone else doing more than 60 lol

Then in which case it is not the wagon drivers at fault there, but the dim witted numpty doing 60 in lane three, yet everyone always blames the wagons, why is this?

Tiger13
12-06-12, 11:09 PM
Well they do it on the m4 all the bloody time so no it's not crap

Tiger13
12-06-12, 11:12 PM
Then in which case it is not the wagon drivers at fault there, but the dim witted numpty doing 60 in lane three, yet everyone always blames the wagons, why is this?

Because if the wagons didnt insist on overtaking each other at minimal speed then the numptys wouldnt be forced in the 3rd lane!!

mowgli
13-06-12, 05:34 AM
tiger13... you forget that we only do 56mph because some tit in europe decided it would be a good idea....

then you get sainsbury's & waitrose fixing their wagons to only do 52mph.... and the rest of us need to pass them... and even worse, when they are on their way back to the depot, they are doing more like 45mph so they don't have time for a second load.. which is most probably the time you see them..

and the m4 is also the route for all the un-speed limited irish wagons coming from the fishguard ferry, and most of them know they can take the piss out of the uk laws cos they are practically unenforcable

whilst we are on the m4, please tell me why it costs nearly £20 to go west on the severn bridge, but is free going east??

also when we have passed, we pull back in, car drivers don't, and this seems to be a uniquely british thing, cos on mainland europe, cars always pull back in.

bazil
13-06-12, 06:12 AM
I don't mind tesco/ Morrison / asda doing 50mph it's the ones at 85KPH that bug me, my limiter is 89KPH so yes I will overtake and yes it will be slow and yes it's anoying for car drivers but if they were in my shoes they would do exactly the same thing.

bazil
13-06-12, 06:16 AM
Lorries should be banned from overtaking in the wet, Its dangerous pure and simple

If you can't drive past a lorry in the wet then I suggest handing in your man card along with your driving liecence and stick to public transport.

Tiger13
13-06-12, 08:39 AM
If you can't drive past a lorry in the wet then I suggest handing in your man card along with your driving liecence and stick to public transport.

I didn't say I couldn't I just said it was dangerous and if you dont think being in the fast lane on a motorway with zero visibility isn't dangerous then maybe it's you that needs to hand back your licence!

I understand and agree with you Mowgli, It is usually eastern european wagons doing it or irish ones as you stated but none-the-less its a pain and im sure it's a pain for other wagon drivers too, Im not saying it's the drivers faults because clearly at restricted speeds its the fault the law, It's just a little annoying when it takes me over an hour to get from Cardiff to Bristol because of it!

As for the bridge it's an absolute joke and at £6 a car it's not funny especially when doing it often, I know when I lived in Spain a lot of europe has much more tolls but then with that being said the car tax is 30 euros a year, With the punishingly high car taxes imposed on the British there shouldn't be any tolls at all!

General Baxter
13-06-12, 10:44 AM
i shall also join in this,

people who try and dive down the inside of you trying to get ahead on islands, my main beef is with the rugby one on the a5, no matter on how wide you go, the trailer allways goes in the other lane, and theres some dingbat trying to undertake you in there in his brandnew company bmw,

turbojolt
13-06-12, 12:35 PM
i dont give a **** i undertake all the time im not comming out of lane one all the way tolan 3 just to overtake some dick sitting in the middle lane

Tiger13
13-06-12, 12:50 PM
i dont give a **** i undertake all the time im not comming out of lane one all the way tolan 3 just to overtake some dick sitting in the middle lane

Agreed, Usually when I undertake in that situation the middle lane ****er normally gets the finger!

mowgli
13-06-12, 01:20 PM
re baxter.. Those speed humps down your road are going to join my rant list... They are shyte......i was down there this morning

bazil
13-06-12, 04:05 PM
I didn't say I couldn't I just said it was dangerous and if you dont think being in the fast lane on a motorway with zero visibility isn't dangerous then maybe it's you that needs to hand back your licence!

With the punishingly high car taxes imposed on the British there shouldn't be any tolls at all!

You as a driver have a choice of overtaking or not, if you choose to overtake with no visabilty rather than wait untill the lorry has pulled back in then that's your choice. I think I've been driving long enough to understand the dangers on public roads.

As for road tolls, there are none up here. The Scottish government scrapped all tolls years ago and used public tax money to pay of the bridge debt. Some tolls were scrapped as long ago as 2006. Also wheel clamping is illegal in Scotland.

raf24
13-06-12, 04:36 PM
Correct about the clamping bazil,the only people who can legally clamp in scotland are the dvla,my brother used to work for them in glasgow

bazil
13-06-12, 04:39 PM
Correct about the clamping bazil,the only people who can legally clamp in scotland are the dvla,my brother used to work for them in glasgow

Yup, though they also like to lift your car and pound it lol
Iirc the only reason they can do it is because if your car has no tax the owner is breaking the law by keeping it on a public street, so it gets clamped to prevent its use.

Prescription charges got the boot aswell lol. FREE DRUGS!! GET IN!!!

Edd
13-06-12, 06:14 PM
everyone drives like a cnut, just join in lol

Andy_L
13-06-12, 11:21 PM
Motorways - I've got to drive over a hundred on them tomorrow and the number of people that just sit in the middle lane cause they can. GGGGGGGGRRRRRR I can feel the rage already.

No I know I move about a bit on Motorways mainly due to the fact there are 3 lanes and lots of other people use them so I try where ever possible within reason to be in the slow lane. Maybe I'm a bit over zealous when it comes to that. But when you're in the middle lane it's a mile before you overtake the next car. Pull the fliiping heck in.

I just don't get it.

Jon_nova1
13-06-12, 11:50 PM
I hate slow moving vehicles on the dual carraigeway, on the way to work and back i do 25 miles on a dual carraigeway, i once got stuck in heavy traffic and thought there must have been a crash, just before i pull of the carraigeway i overtake a tractor and 2 mobile cranes, to this day i can't understand why one of the cranes overtook the other as they we're built by the same company.

Although i do show abit of courtesy to lorry drivers, if im having a slow drive and one overtakes me i'll flash them when they're clear etc

ianb90
14-06-12, 12:01 AM
I hate slow moving vehicles on the dual carraigeway, on the way to work and back i do 25 miles on a dual carraigeway, i once got stuck in heavy traffic and thought there must have been a crash, just before i pull of the carraigeway i overtake a tractor and 2 mobile cranes, to this day i can't understand why one of the cranes overtook the other as they we're built by the same company.

Although i do show abit of courtesy to lorry drivers, if im having a slow drive and one overtakes me i'll flash them when they're clear etc

you moan about slow drivers yet u drive slow enough for lorrys to overtake you?

old people! some of them shouldnt be allowed a licence. coming up to a roundabout the other day and there was an old man in his rover just stopped when there was noone in sight. waited for a a minute and he decided to pull off stalling it 3 times then crawling down the road at 10mph!

Hobbit
14-06-12, 09:36 AM
I bet the people complaining about trucks don't think about how their food got there when they pop to tesco's... :roll:

General Baxter
14-06-12, 10:22 AM
Prescription charges got the boot aswell lol. FREE DRUGS!! GET IN!!!

thats only becasue us BRITISH foot your bill, with our £8 per item charge lol

turbojolt
14-06-12, 10:51 AM
I bet the people complaining about trucks don't think about how their food got there when they pop to tesco's... :roll:

i go to asda :p

General Baxter
14-06-12, 10:53 AM
i go to asda :p

you wont if i have anything todo with it, ill just 'ground' there fleet then :p

turbojolt
14-06-12, 11:14 AM
but how will i get my fishfingers :/

General Baxter
14-06-12, 11:17 AM
sniff them ?

Lee
14-06-12, 12:19 PM

I agree.

However i'm pretty sure the food would still get there if the odd truck driver didn't decide to start overtaking on a duel carriage way right at the bottom of a hill, and then just sit side by side for mile after mile as they play 'who's got the best speed limiter'. Just because a bellend is behind the wheel of a truck doesn't automatically mean they're not a bellend. It just means they cause more annoyance by being a bellend because they're in a truck!

Hobbit
14-06-12, 12:50 PM
Its not always that simple, you could be flying up behind another wagon, start to overtake then as you start going up the hill he has less weight or a bigger engine so you get stuck along side them. And if you back off to tuck back in behind them you lose all momentum and end up crawling up the hill.

Plus trucks pay alot more road tax so have more right to be on the road :p

swedge
14-06-12, 03:06 PM
thats only becasue us BRITISH foot your bill, with our £8 per item charge lol

well at least yous lot are usefull for something haha ;)

mowgli
28-06-12, 05:01 PM
right... why is it that whenever a coach full of school kids overtakes a wagon, they all do this arm thing that looks like they are arm wrestling the invisible man... you also see this when kids are on motorway bridges & have run out of objects to throw...

we have push button hooters just like everyone else... 1 man had a pull chain on his roof, he was called the snowman & was in a film in the seventies that most of these kids will not have seen ever...

stop it now.....

Iain
28-06-12, 05:13 PM
At least you know what it means, if the kids press an invisible button it'll just look like they're pointing at you lol

turbojolt
28-06-12, 05:15 PM
you miserable old toss pot. lol

mowgli
28-06-12, 05:25 PM
At least you know what it means, if the kids press an invisible button it'll just look like they're pointing at you lol

ah the old 'your wheel's going round' routine, laugh?? laugh?? i thought i'd never start.

you miserable old toss pot. lol

i needed a new sig