PDA

View Full Version : Interested in competing at TOTB 2012?

TeamVauxsport
22-04-12, 03:56 PM
Do you think your Vauxhall is fast? Fancy competing against the fastest road legal cars in the UK to prove it? Read on…

What is Ten Of The Best (TOTB)?

Ten of the Best is a performance car event aimed at finding the best all round car in Europe. Entrants race over three disciplines:
• Handling
• Top Speed (over the standing kilometre)
• ¼ Mile Drag
Points are awarded in each of the three events overall making it extremely difficult to score points in each event unless the car and driver are up to the job!
All cars that compete in the main competition classes are road legal (taxed, MOT’d and insured). There is also a “pro-drag” class for the drag specific cars. All entrants are welcome if their cars are quick enough – many of the entries are home built by their owners and others represent the cream of the UK’s tuners.

Who are Team Vauxsport?

Vauxsport.com was established in 2006 as a free forum to gain and share knowledge of Vauxhall tuning to levels not yet seen before. Thus far, Team Vauxsport have taken on all comers in the FWD category, taking more than 10 trophies in the last 5 years. Drivers like Andy Speck, Chris Sutton, Jonny Fletcher and Alex Darcy have faced off against some of the quickest cars in the UK and made a name for themselves!

Now it could be your opportunity to do the same…

How do I take part?

To attend TOTB with Team Vauxsport we need to know how quick your Vauxhall is… Now the easiest way is to join us at Performance Vauxhall Show 2012 and take part in the dedicated qualifying slots the show organisers have provided for us! We will have a paddock area allocated for the team if you need to work on your cars and all accepted entrants will get unlimited free runs on the day of PVS.
Generally, we are looking for cars that can cover the ¼ mile in 12.99 seconds or less – the faster your car, the better chance you have of qualifying! If you cannot attend PVS we can also accept video proof or a scan/photo of a timeslip however priority will be given to those that come and joint in the fun!
Now we appreciate that not all of you a dragstrip warriors – which is why there is a handling course at TOTB! Time Attack competitor Jonny Fletcher won outright last year in his Mk4 Astra so please get in touch if this would interest you.

Performance Vauxhall Show (Qualifications) 10/06/2012 – Santa Pod

Ten Of The Best 2012 29 & 29/07/2012 – Elvington (near York)

To enter, send an email to teamvauxsport@virginmedia.co.uk – Include details of your car (ie. Make, Model, Spec), your best time down the ¼ mobile and a contact telephone number. Closing date for entries to the qualifiers @ PVS is 07/05/2012 – if you haven’t been in touch by this date you won’t be able to join us.
Please bear in mind that TOTB is not a free event – there is an entry fee of £100 but this covers you for the practice day (boot camp) and the event on the Sunday – for the access you have to the track this is better value than an average RWYB event!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e112/alexellson/Vauxsport/FB-Page-Photo.jpg

www.pvshow.co.uk www.totb.co.uk

TeamVauxsport
25-04-12, 07:13 PM
Any interest on the PNG?

TeamVauxsport
03-05-12, 09:11 PM
Last bump guys... Need entries in by the end of next Monday - 07/05/2012.

If you haven't contacted me to apply to run at PV in the qualifiers I cannot guarantee your place in the team this year.

Email: teamvauxsport@virginmedia.com

Include a brief spec of your car, best 1/4 mile time if applicable and a contract phone number.

Hobbit
03-05-12, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately I don't think there are many sub 13 second nova's on here. I would love to have a go but think I'd struggle. :( maybe next year once I've got a bit used to the car.

burgo
03-05-12, 10:54 PM
im sure gazd could hook up some gas to get yours there hobbit lol

Mazz
04-05-12, 11:11 AM
I got some giggle-gas you can use Matt :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/Nova/Image0109_Medium.jpg

swedge
04-05-12, 12:39 PM
I got some giggle-gas you can use Matt :)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/mrmazz/Nova/Image0109_Medium.jpg

by turning your car into a pc? lol

turbojolt
04-05-12, 01:48 PM
Dosnt nobbys v6 run mid 12 second on gas?

scott.parker
04-05-12, 03:35 PM
Ten of the Best is a performance car event aimed at finding the best all round car in Europe. Entrants race over three disciplines:
• Handling
• Top Speed (over the standing kilometre)
• ¼ Mile Drag
Points are awarded in each of the three events overall making it extremely difficult to score points in each event unless the car and driver are up to the job!

And how well will it handle, this is the thing, it's not ALL about straight line speed!

IF i had put more effort into my old tracker i could of done sub 13's and maybe got it good enough to enter in this, as Spanish fly did, his was still N/A

Mike
04-05-12, 04:06 PM
Im shocked at how little amount of people run gas TBH! Full kits are dirt cheap these days too, I didnt pay much for both my 5lb & 11lb kits!

Hobbit
04-05-12, 04:23 PM

Car - Vauxhall Nova c25xe standard bar stainless magnex system and cone filter
Tyres - Yokohama Parada spec 2 195.50.15
Estimated Car weight - 900ish? stripped out bar dash and drivers seat
Run at - Shakespeare County raceway 16/10/11

Reaction - 0.255
60ft-2.022
330ft - 5.591
660ft - 8.504
MPH1 - 84.55
990ft - 10.934
1320ft - 13.106
MPH2 - 106.74

TIME - 13.106 :d

And how well will it handle, this is the thing, it's not ALL about straight line speed!

He has a diff so if its anything like mine it won't be terrible on the bends. Also I don't think Specky does corners lol

ste porter
05-05-12, 11:45 AM
ny nova turbo was running 11.9 -12 secs before i cut it in half to go 4x4 with it lol
it still handled well you just had to point aim and close your eyes and hope for the best sometimes lol

Nobby
06-05-12, 12:10 PM
i really wanted to tryout but im on holiday for TOTB

Spudly
06-05-12, 12:15 PM
ny nova turbo was running 11.9 -12 secs before i cut it in half to go 4x4 with it lol
it still handled well you just had to point aim and close your eyes and hope for the best sometimes lol

And hope that you didnt have half the campsite from pod inside your rear wheels lol

ste porter
07-05-12, 07:12 PM
Yeah very TRUE lol forgot about that my only regret is I never got to run it down pod after it was wound up the 11.9 was done when I was surposed to be running it in and at 16psi was evil after it got mapped again at 24psi