PDA

View Full Version : God truly is a troll

BRoadGhost
21-04-12, 10:39 PM
Been doing a few things on the nova recently, all of which have to be done outside as I don't have a garage atm. Yes it's April and yes I know the forecast was showers, so I knew what to expect, but when you need to crack on and the sun's out it's all too inviting...

Had a bit of a 'mare bending a few parts I made last week having tested them & needed to replace with more durable items, it was sunny so set about getting all the equipment out - Tools, grinder, welder etc. Started taking the old parts off, measuring for new, chopping, welding, trial fitting, painting... All one hour on one hour off due to the weather.

Got totally soaked, almost stacked it jogging with bits on some stone paving, had to cure the paint via the kitchen oven inside to save some time, garden area is now annihilated and half my sh1t is now wallowing in mud.

So today I figured NO, I wouldn't do anything because it would just be the same sh1t based on how the skies looked; just like yesterday. All day I sat inside looking at bright sunny skies thinking NO; jus' derping around, wasting time, until at 4:45PM I figure if it's gonna rain it would have done it by now. Get all the stuff out I need to begin (takes about 15mins) and by 5:05 the heaven's just opened.

Lewis.
21-04-12, 10:47 PM
I know that feeling mate. maximum enthusiasm always seems to coincide with an extreme hurricane/monsoon/blizzard/volcanic eruption, and then when it's all nice and sunny, you're all "meh, pub" lol

Count Vaux Alot
21-04-12, 11:16 PM
I braved it and soldiered on its a pita!

steviegsi
22-04-12, 12:26 AM
Happened me the other day too . Car hoovered, snow foamed, washed, polish out - rain. Basterd.

SimonTW
22-04-12, 09:11 AM
I've been in exactly the same position the last few weeks trying to get stuff done.

Weathers nice so get cracking, starts raining but **** it I carry on its not too bad. Mother nature gets pissed off at my defiance and opens the heavens with the heavy stuff so have no choice but to run back in the house soaked through.

I just want to finish me car! i cant take driving a 1.1 206 much longer lol!

MK999
22-04-12, 05:55 PM
I just want to finish me car! i cant take driving a 1.1 206 much longer lol!

That's when you buy some sort of large fun RWD and call it a tow car for the project lol