PDA

View Full Version : Removing gte window trims

gtegary
20-04-12, 02:00 PM
Hi,

As per title can someone tell me how to remove the window trims on the gte's.

The windows are still in the car. Also could someone tell me how to easyly remover the rear side windows as well please?

Many thanks in advance :)

brainsnova
20-04-12, 02:11 PM
The front door ones

gtegary
20-04-12, 02:48 PM
The front and rear ones?

brainsnova
20-04-12, 03:17 PM
The fronts remove the door mirror and pop out the plastic clips and remove the small trim and from memory put the window right down then remove the centre bar between both windows , remove the quarter light by pulling it towards the door glass opening then the trims prise off. I prise them off from inside to avoid damage.

The rears remove the glass by lifting the rubber up to clear the shell working your way round and try not to drop it as it comes outward and the trim will prise of but be careful not to bend it. You could feed a bit string through and then drag it round and maybe warm it with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive.

scott.parker
20-04-12, 03:21 PM
Front doors you must totally disassemble the door glass from the doors, then remove the divider bar, and be very careful when removing the alloy surrounds, i used a small flat head screw driver with a cloth over it, keep all the tiny clips, and the rubber part from the outside of the main glass.

Rear one's you need to "persuade" the glass/rubber seals out from the inside, get a friend to help so you dont smash them on the floor, then the frames are bonded in, try releasing them from the car with slight passes of a heat gun on low setting, take care not to get too much heat in though..

Scott

Edit: i was writing mine as Brian replayed, use advise from both and your sorted! lol

gtegary
02-08-12, 10:56 PM
Cheers guys! Only just seen your replys :)