PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

Novasport
19-04-12, 11:30 PM
Is it me or has it gone a bit shoite recently?
Seems to have been taken over by Ebay Super Shops flooding the site with buy it now auctions for brake discs & pads etc. Starting to p!ss me off a bit now, no wonder they keep having to do free listing weekends to try and bring back the ordinary punters. Its also probably something to do with the scandalous fees they are charging now!
I recently searched speedline and got about 50 pages of new sets of speedlines that fit everything from a Paxo to a Rang Rover:mad:
Sorry, rant over

pie
19-04-12, 11:33 PM
its like normal shopping now lol

paul080803
19-04-12, 11:34 PM
It is turning pretty pants, worst thing is when you get over the extortionate fees and all the crap listed, and you sell something 9 times out of 10 they are a waster and eBay sides with them!!!!!

staggy_gsi
19-04-12, 11:35 PM
agreed, its getting more crap by the day. half of the stuff on there is coming from bloody hong kong and places like that

Jack
19-04-12, 11:44 PM
Yeah, it has been like that for a while now. Lots of retaillers selling shiz through shops.

Their search engine doesn't help matters either by trying to be too clever and suggesting items you may be interested in but aren't actually what you searched for

I've also noticed the 'cars' section is bombarded with parts rather than actual cars. Which is incredibly annoying as I have to subdivide into 'cars/classic' and 'cars/cars' when searching :roll: :tard:

/rant

Bubba
19-04-12, 11:52 PM
ive had no problems selling...cant say what lol ill probably get told off

~~joycey~~
20-04-12, 02:02 AM
Recently?

swedge
20-04-12, 06:29 AM
I've done not too bad on the selling front too

Searching is a joke though as you get the same thing listed 1000 times over which gets annoying

Also bubba is it you selling the c20xe porous head tube?

novalew
20-04-12, 07:02 AM
its like everything brilliant idea wrecked by profit grabbing fat cats

Bubba
20-04-12, 07:42 AM
I've done not too bad on the selling front too

Searching is a joke though as you get the same thing listed 1000 times over which gets annoying

Also bubba is it you selling the c20xe porous head tube?

lol possibly....40+ sold and im down to my last 6

Edd
20-04-12, 09:58 AM
The government has openly said it doesn't like the auctions on there, due to them not being taxable for private sellers, so it will only get worse

Jack
20-04-12, 10:28 AM
Thats not the issue, as private sellers on there only retail in used/second hand goods usually without making capital gain.

What IS the issue is every tom dick and harry thinking they can get around paying second-job income tax and VAT by not declaring sales as a biz and making/selling 100s/1000s items each month on there, or claiming those sales as private. The gov may be shouting about it, but its a safe bet that behind closed doors they're loving it - getting everyone onto ebay makes it far easier to track all those taxable sales rather than dodgy John down the pub selling cars cash in hand. Don't forget the web surveillance stuff they're trying to push through parliament at the mo would make things a lot easier for them to check up on what you're doing online.

Anyways, theoretically, any item that goes up in price during your ownership is liable for capital gains tax. So that £600 Nova SR you bought in 2001 then sold yesterday for £10,000 should be declared to HMR&C for them to take their slice!

Andy
20-04-12, 10:34 AM
Dont even get me started on capital gains.
That is just pure extortion,nothing less.
A man can work his whole life to pay off his mortgage,then pass it on to his children and they have to pay tax on it?! Disgusting.You never actually own your home then in that case!
Or say my mother wins the lottery,here y'are Andy a million quid,cue a letter from HMRC-we want £XXXXX off you? Why??
You have to pay tax on everything now,just a complete joke.

brainsnova
20-04-12, 10:40 AM
The best thing about eBay is watching cars where their mates are obviously bidding it up then no sale or second chance offers then relisted a few days later lol fail auctions

Edd
20-04-12, 10:59 AM
Dont even get me started on capital gains.
That is just pure extortion,nothing less.
A man can work his whole life to pay off his mortgage,then pass it on to his children and they have to pay tax on it?! Disgusting.You never actually own your home then in that case!
Or say my mother wins the lottery,here y'are Andy a million quid,cue a letter from HMRC-we want £XXXXX off you? Why??
You have to pay tax on everything now,just a complete joke.

My parents put me in ownership, with some clause, of there houses, bang up yours government no tax lol

Is a fcuking joke nowadays tho I agree, no wonder people turn to dodgey dealings tbh

mk1nova_rich
20-04-12, 12:51 PM
I've sold quite a few items on eBay recently, and nearly all of them sold for more than I expected...so in that sense sumat must be working

But on the other hand, when I search for stuff I'm presented with pages and pages of BIN items so tend to get put off looking

brainsnova
20-04-12, 12:57 PM
I select the auction only tab :d and resort to bin after there's nothing.

Mike
20-04-12, 01:41 PM
Ive been using eBay 8 maybe 9 years now over 3 different accounts during that time, sold thousands of pounds worth of stuff & bought the same lol lol as with everything, at first its great then slowly but surely the band wagon gets full & things get pap.

BIN's are the way forward tho, have a higher rate of a sucessful sale (proven fact). Dont get me started on eBay fees mind, I regulary pay circa £100 p/m in eBay fees!! Its getting very expensive now to sell bulk volume on there :/

joff-turbo-nova
20-04-12, 02:07 PM
Ive been using eBay 8 maybe 9 years now over 3 different accounts during that time, sold thousands of pounds worth of stuff & bought the same lol lol as with everything, at first its great then slowly but surely the band wagon gets full & things get pap.

BIN's are the way forward tho, have a higher rate of a sucessful sale (proven fact). Dont get me started on eBay fees mind, I regulary pay circa £100 p/m in eBay fees!! Its getting very expensive now to sell bulk volume on there :/

I'm in the same boat as Mike, I registered on Ebay back in 2001 and must have bought and sold hundreds of things on there (my feeback in now over 2000) .

The way to sell things is make it clear and concise and not to ramble on . I only ever use one ebay picture (the free one) and host the rest on Photobucket and imbed the pictures accordingly.

Unless free I never go for the enlarged or bold auction options.

I'm currently selling washing machines for my dad on ebay using Buy It Now's most seem to sell well at the £70-90 , with the odd really good one at £120 .

The sellers putting 100's of the same thing up really do my head in !!

Joff

Matt2107
20-04-12, 02:15 PM
I'm finally getting round to sticking up some of my Nova parts on ebay along with a load of fishing kit.

I sold my lure collection last weekend for around £60 which is almost double what I thought I'd get.

The fees sting though.

Oh and the tool that bought them paid with a paypal echeque... tard. I wanted the money for my turbo project and now I have to wait until 25th for it to clear.

Andy
20-04-12, 02:18 PM
what does my box in is the "wheel-nut" auctions.
they need banning off the site

brainsnova
20-04-12, 02:20 PM
what does my box in is the "wheel-nut" auctions.
they need banning off the site

I was going to start buying them to **** the sellers up £3 a pop is worth the giggle

Andy
20-04-12, 02:42 PM
I was going to start buying them to **** the sellers up £3 a pop is worth the giggle
What we should do mate is find all the ones that are auctions,bid them 99p at the last minute and then report them for none delivery lol

joff-turbo-nova
20-04-12, 06:23 PM
What we should do mate is find all the ones that are auctions,bid them 99p at the last minute and then report them for none delivery lol

I've just found one that doesn't even mention a wheel nut - 99p buy it now - search "BREAKING VAUXHALL CORSA C 1.4 16V SRI ALL PARTS ARE IN STOCK"

One assumes you get the whole car for 99p - as it doesn't say what you get !!

Think I should bid?