PDA

View Full Version : rev counter

liamp
25-07-03, 02:50 PM
i want to put rev counter clock in my nova its only got standard 1.o clocks in it at the moment is the wiring already there

bad_boy_nova
25-07-03, 03:13 PM
Ive got an aftermarket rev counter that you can mount where ever you want, if you want to buy it? I doubt the wire will already be there for a rev counter, if there is a wire already there, it will be a green wire taped up in the loom behind the clocks. Otherwise, you will have to run a wire from the rev counter to the negative terminal of the ignition coil.

mikeoxford
27-07-03, 11:29 PM
Otherwise, you will have to run a wire from the rev counter to the negative terminal of the ignition coil.

its not from the negative wire of the coil. that will just read 0 all the time

u need to take it from the green outlet of the coil (there is three, black - negative, red, positive, green rev pulse)

olly55
28-07-03, 10:03 AM
my k reg 1200 had the wire already there jus hav a look at the coil

on the right hand side of the engine bay jus follow to where the dizzy is and look right if u can see a green wire then u have already got it

Dicko
28-07-03, 10:56 AM
yep they put the cable in for most of the later novas even though the dials dont have a rev counter!!

just get a nice dash from sri/gsi and conect it up to that.

even my sri has an extra wire not actually plued in to the dash, which iv never figured out what its for. im thinking it might be for if you fit diferent dash with a proper oil pressure sensor rather than the on/off light

mikeoxford
29-07-03, 11:12 PM
even my sri has an extra wire not actually plued in to the dash, which iv never figured out what its for. im thinking it might be for if you fit diferent dash with a proper oil pressure sensor rather than the on/off light

not wrong there

blue and yellow? or blue green? i forget now. yes thats what it is dicko - i had it behind my clocks also on my mk2 sr. it is a male spade?