PDA

View Full Version : mk1 clocks

Brasso93
16-04-12, 07:09 PM
got my clocks out and wondering is it possible to part the perspex part away from the black trim?? i have unscrewed the clocks and got the front panel off just wanna take the perspex of but it looks glued down and dont want to try and remove it in case it cracks

Will F
17-04-12, 08:49 AM
It is glued and it will probably crack.

Brasso93
17-04-12, 12:17 PM
thought so cheers bud

meach86
17-04-12, 07:47 PM
I got mine off mate, The plastic facia around the dials was painted silver and i wanted it black. I just got the heat gun to melt the glue and the perspex will come away in time. Then glue them back together once your done. Its a time consuming job and very fiddley but if you take your time you could do it no problem :thumb:

Bubba
17-04-12, 11:41 PM
could get a set of broken ones to practice on first

TeddyThom
18-04-12, 12:38 AM
Having done exactly what you are after I can tell you exactly how I did it, obviously there are several different ways and you should do what you are most comfortable with.

When I tried it on my spare set of clocks I ended up shattering it due to me being a pleb and thinking they were tabbed on, not glued. After learning they were glued very quickly, I got myself a sharp stanley type blade and very slowly and carefully snapped the glue holding it all together, they look like miniture stitch welds, nothing epic, but a lot of them. I don't have to say about being careful with such a blade, that's common sense but in case you haven't got any, be funking careful with that blade! :thumb: (Not my fault if you cut an appendage off ;)) I'll sort out some rough guide type pictures tomorrow when I got 5 minutes.