PDA

View Full Version : Can Window wipers which go over a sun visor fail your MOT?

NovaSi
25-07-03, 01:27 PM
I get this question asked all the time and I also want to know.

As anyone here took a MOT with a car that has a sun visor and the window wipers go voer it? Did it fail or pass?

greg00uk
25-07-03, 04:36 PM
by law this is true. And single wipers that rest in the middle, but i would boubt that many garages would fail your for it to be honest.

I havn't taken my car in since this 'new law' come to power, but i aint failed before for it cos my wiper rests in the middle.

I'd doubt anyone would have failed for it. Have herd of people being pulled over for the wipper in the middle tho.

Got pulled over the opther day simply cos the copper wanted a closer look at my car cos it is for sale! fook sake

Ballsy
25-07-03, 05:37 PM
i have a huge sunstrip on my car and the wipers go way over it but i know the mot inspector that does my cars and he lets me away with it but iam sure its a fail!!!

Ballsy

ade
25-07-03, 09:05 PM
the thing is most single wipers are bigger than the double wipers (standard) ones. These usually overlap the visors (standard ones) by about inch or so.

Its a fail but if its only an inch then it probably will get away with it.

It depends on the station - also the colour! EG my m8's got one that fades in - its actually built into the screen and comes well down - and he passes coz its standard in the screen!

:?

Gazza14SR
25-07-03, 09:42 PM
My car failed with the sun strip i have on at the minute. Had to remove it there and then. That was when i had 2 normal wipers aswell.

dave.gsi
25-07-03, 10:47 PM
mine failed the other week for the sunstrip. as soon as i pulled up to the garage he said it was a fail cos the police are cracking down on them and numberplates at the mo. pulled it off there and then. wasn't even that big

NovaSi
26-07-03, 08:20 AM
:( I have my MOT sometime in the next 3 weeks - I wonder if I fail or not - just have to wait and see and let y'all know.

Snowface
26-07-03, 05:44 PM
think ur allowed 2.5 inches or 5cm. Not certain though. Thats with dual wipers.

NovaSi
26-07-03, 06:52 PM
I think this is the most stupidest new MOT rule there is - I would just laugh at my MOT examiner if mine fails for something as silly as this, I really would :lol:

Nova-Boy
29-07-03, 10:29 AM
What about the 106 quicksliver? They had a sun strip as standard and the wiper goes inches over that! Hahaha. My sunstrip was 15 cm on my old car and the standard wipers still overlapped!