PDA

View Full Version : e16se tuning

jonn
14-04-12, 09:53 PM
i have searched a good bit but could not find out what i need to know. i want to build a 1.6 8v for my nova. i want to know what sort of work to get to the 140-150bhp mark?

the engine will be getting fully stripped down and rebuilt with new bearings ect...

for the head i was thinking port and polished, twin 40s, good cam what make to use? can larger valves be got?

not to sure what to do with the bottom end, would a good rebore gain much power?

any help would be great, thanks:thumb: and no i dont want to fit an xe all ready have a c20xe and a x16xe nova so i want to go 8v for a change

burgo
14-04-12, 10:29 PM
wernt the group a novas 150bhp? if so have a look at the build manual

mowgli
15-04-12, 12:20 AM
that was down to some clever parts book stuff, cosworth hi comp pistons, played with ecu's & a damned good engine builder....

reboring is not too easy, as there aren't many pistons to do the job, maybe z18se??

bigger valves are possible, 20seh & bmw m40 ones look promising...

it would be cheaper to fit a 1600 ecotec & then play with it.

bazil
15-04-12, 12:25 AM
What he said,

GP A novas used cosworth made pistons that actually rose above the level of the block at TDC those pistons and that build are rare and mega expensive

If you won the euro millions I look forward to your build thread, if not then turbo it for a easy 150, if not then good luck

DAN-F
15-04-12, 02:32 AM
My old gte was just shy of 130 and that had a b+ head, kent cams an webber 40's, 3 branch and full system as a roufh guide mate.
tbh id guess to get an extra 20bhp on top of that and keep it n/a would be mega bucks

Stuart
15-04-12, 07:59 AM
a 1650CC overbore
Kent ASt2 or Piper BP300 Cam (I prefer the way the AST2 drives)
Blyndenstein B+ head (basically bigger valves and a decent port job)
Deseamed and shot peaned rods + arp bolts
Ashley or similar 4-1 exhaust manifold

Then really your call on the intake/fuelling setup
T40's + 1.4 Red dizzy cap ignition setup as the 1.6 stuff is just crap for getting the advance you want/need/
std inlet with a 3.0L carlton TB and management (not OEM)

Then have it all setup by someone GOOD and you should have near as damn it 150bhp and a pretty bomb proof engine.