PDA

View Full Version : Headlight alignment for mot

Edd
12-04-12, 02:59 PM
Is there any way of doing this before arriving at the mot station ?

As in certain distance back from garage door with some measurements ?

Any help would be great

Edd

bazil
12-04-12, 03:20 PM
IMO say nothing to the mot man, if it fails get them to set it and they can't fail there own work, it shouldn't cost too much, or get a price for them to do it before the mot?

John
12-04-12, 03:30 PM
Yeah it's gonna take all of 2 secs to adjust them when it's on the beam setter.

craig green
12-04-12, 04:58 PM
Probably the least of your worries.. LOL

brainsnova
12-04-12, 05:09 PM
Mr motty adjusted mine years ago as he tested them

Gaz1300SR
12-04-12, 05:21 PM
I think they will just adjust them for you mate, mine has the last 2 times.

Benn
12-04-12, 05:32 PM
5steps back front the car(knees on bumper) the beam line should be just under your knee cap.. Been setting them up like that for years.. It's almost bang on lol

Andy
12-04-12, 05:38 PM
5steps back front the car(knees on bumper) the beam line should be just under your knee cap.. Been setting them up like that for years.. It's almost bang on lol
What if your really tall or really short??

marc69
12-04-12, 05:53 PM
I took a car with correct alignment, drove it a few feet back from the garage, put chalk marks where the beams were on the garage door and then four marks on the drive where the wheels were. Put the other car in the same place and adjusted. But, garages have always adjusted mine so long as the adjusters work, at no extra cost.

Benn
12-04-12, 05:58 PM
What if your really tall or really short??

Ankles or balls.... lol

*if your between 5'7 and 6'2 it works)

Edd
12-04-12, 06:16 PM
Probably the least of your worries.. LOL

Probably mate lol not I reckon it will be ok

Popped in to mot place after worrying bout it lol he said the same thing lol and he will do the rest

Bit of a pointless thread really but thanks for the replies