PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP! Please

dazjno1
10-04-12, 08:44 PM
Hi I have a redtop nova with a power cap and the donut type seal that attaches to the air flow meter was burst so I assumed that this was causing my idle problems, any I replaced the seal and jubelee clipped everything so it was a lot better than it was, the car ran with no problems for a day and then started bogging out again, I went out to it today and it won't even start now, any ideas????? I'm lost without my wee car lol thanks in advance for any input :)

Tiger13
10-04-12, 09:10 PM
Lambda sensor can cause those symptoms, Its an the exhaust, It did it on my e36 but im sure someone else can help further, Just an idea :-)

autoworksnovasport
10-04-12, 09:14 PM
also crank sensor when the engine gets warm it will either cut out or go into limp mode (if its braking down) if its broke then it just wont start

dazjno1
10-04-12, 09:32 PM
It's a weird one because when it was doing it before I changed the seal I could push the flow meter towards the power cap and it would stop and idle fine so I was sure it was that, now it's worse! Lol I read another post about cleaning out the icv? Would this help?