PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v Corsasport fuel pump suitable for 1.2spi Nova tank and C16XE conversion?

hantsnova
10-04-12, 07:12 PM
Hello Guys,

As title really, need to replace the fuel pump. Sourced a 1.4 16v corsasport one for a good price, but will it fit?!

Cheers

Rob

Graeme
10-04-12, 07:15 PM
I got one to fit with a bit of chopping both ends

hantsnova
10-04-12, 07:20 PM
Blinding, thanks Graeme mate.

Fits under the rear seats right?

hantsnova
18-04-12, 07:24 AM
Graeme (or anyone) the pump has arrived. The old pump in the car was apparently from a vectra or astra 2.0 - there is resistance when tightening down the pump to the tank.

Should there be any resistance or should it just sit in the tank without pushing back, i.e do I need to further trim the top rubber hose that goes from the top of the pump to the metal lid of the pump?

Any helps appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Graeme
18-04-12, 07:42 AM
I thimmed the rubber hose until the pump and outlet flanges were touching and then trimmed abit of the inlet and filter but there was still a bit of resistance when bolting it down but only in the last 5mm of the bolts

hantsnova
18-04-12, 08:39 AM
Really appreciate that Graeme :thumb: top man.

Im having issues starting it at the moment, fuel is getting to the rail I haven't been able to run a fuel pressure test on the rail yet but cant see the compression without trimming helping at all.

The plugs are bone dry, the car is firing on brakecleaner so its sparking etc ok. Im going to sort the pump then check the ecu flash codes before checking the injector wiring loom.

hantsnova
18-05-12, 08:15 PM
G