PDA

View Full Version : water in the car

swedge
10-04-12, 12:25 PM
ive just painted my floors inside the car and since theres no carpets inside ive noticed 2 small puddles off water

1 beside the drivers sill just beside the back of the arch, the battery tray is solid so cant be coming from there, the very edge of the dash is dripping from there where the door sits against it any ideas?

the other leak is the opposite side of the car in the same place but theres no water on the dash, i do have a hole drilled and an open grommet fitted just beside where the loom goes through on the passesnger side behind the suspension turret could it be coming from there?

Edd
10-04-12, 12:38 PM
Windscreen rubber ? Door seals ?

swedge
10-04-12, 12:41 PM
ive ran some cardboard along the inside of the windscreen rubber on the bottom behind the dash and its dry

its bucketing down outside so im guessing its not that

will go check the door seals

Iain
10-04-12, 01:01 PM
Mine has rusty drips down the drivers front arch under the dash but the battery tray is solid and sealed up well. Only thing I can think is the gap down the back of the wing somewhere.

Also mine seems to drip through the kickpanel area (just behind the bonnet pull) although I've got no idea how

Couple of areas for you to investigate :)

swedge
10-04-12, 01:06 PM
well just had a look at the door seal on the driver side, i t was quite pushed on right where the curves half way down on the front of the car side right beside the dash so i think that could be that solved

i had a look in the engine bay where my grommet is and thyere was some water there so ive sealed it with some silicone atm

ive dried the car out and its stopped raining now lol

swedge
17-04-12, 03:25 PM
ok so ive fixed the passenger side leak and i thought i had fixed the driver side but apparently not :(

the battery tray is solid so its not coming from there ive grommeted the old aerial hole incase its from there some how

the door seals seem fine with no splits or anything

ive put some paper down so i can see if its coming from up behind the dash or not

swedge
18-04-12, 04:22 PM
Mine has rusty drips down the drivers front arch under the dash but the battery tray is solid and sealed up well. Only thing I can think is the gap down the back of the wing somewhere.

Also mine seems to drip through the kickpanel area (just behind the bonnet pull) although I've got no idea how

Couple of areas for you to investigate :)

i figured where the leak was coming from and its sounds the same as yours

its coming through the grommet where the electric window loom comes through, i put some silicone round mine now so hopefully its stopped

Old man Jimbo
18-04-12, 04:31 PM
I had this on mine. If the windscreen rubber isn't sitting right you can get water running in between the two skins. So the rubber feel dry on the inside but is running in between the dash box section.

swedge
18-04-12, 04:44 PM
windscreen rubber is fine, screens never been out and its nopt coming from behidn the dash on mine