PDA

View Full Version : piper cams

24sevenslacker
09-04-12, 12:13 PM
been looking at the piper cams website but need some help as I don't know what the f**k i'm looking at. Can anybody recommend a set of cams for a c20xe on R1 bike carbs. looking for around 200bhp.

on the site they seem to sell everything separate so if anybody could help by telling me what i will need it will be much appreciated.

or would i just be best off ringing them up? cheers :thumb:

Tazzy
09-04-12, 12:22 PM
have you phoned piper direct? theyre quite helpful as i enquired about my golf

24sevenslacker
09-04-12, 12:38 PM
not yet, just been having a nosey on the website but i dont really understand what does what, i think i will give them a ring

mowgli
09-04-12, 02:22 PM
and ring kent cams, newman cams & autosprint too.. get a lot of info.

swedge
09-04-12, 02:29 PM
Auto sprint are very good and helpful on the phone

turbojolt
09-04-12, 02:38 PM
Auto Sprint reground my brothers cams and when the engine builders phoned to find out what lift ect.. they ground them to denied all knowledge of doing the work and then went on to not answering the phone to my brother and then went on to tell the builders that they done the work over 2 years ago when it was less then a couple of weeks, don't know why they done it but I now personally don't trust them.

mowgli
09-04-12, 02:44 PM
perhaps they had another customer with the same name as your brother? maybe they don't like giving out trade info to other builders? as for not answering the phone.... no business stops answering the phone...

turbojolt
09-04-12, 02:59 PM
perhaps they had another customer with the same name as your brother? maybe they don't like giving out trade info to other builders? as for not answering the phone.... no business stops answering the phone...

Could very well be the case and that's why I stated its a personal mistrust of the company

mowgli
09-04-12, 03:12 PM
its odd tj, cos yours is the only dissenting voice i've ever heard for autosprint, and they've been going for a very long time, and sometimes companies do drop the ball.

turbojolt
09-04-12, 03:18 PM
True, the only thing is the cams they done were for his 1400 16v punto and were not listed but the guy took them on saying send them in and I'm sure we can find a profile to suit them, no one else has that we could find had had the cams regound before they also removed the timing markers from the cams

24sevenslacker
09-04-12, 03:50 PM
and ring kent cams, newman cams & autosprint too.. get a lot of info.

which would you recommend? or just a case of ringing round?

mowgli
09-04-12, 03:52 PM
i just suggest ringing all of them & discuss your requirements.

turbojolt
09-04-12, 03:59 PM
As mowgli says, there all with in Kent anyways could just drive to them all lol