PDA

View Full Version : using "No-Nails"

Wiggie
24-07-03, 07:25 PM
will "No-Nails" hold novadose skirts?

DUNOVA.
24-07-03, 08:48 PM
no me and me mate tryed no nails with ax side skirts and it did'nt work lmfao you should of seen the mess it made

brian
24-07-03, 10:52 PM
don't know about No more nails but the trades version "grip fill" would without a doubt stick anything if its applied to clean surfaces and allowed time to set.
Sideskirts! you would stick a wheel to the door with the stuff if ya wanted. :wink:

Gazza14SR
24-07-03, 10:55 PM
i got this glue from the stores at work to hold my old side skirts on, the bloke said it was stick dioreah (spelling) to a bed sheet.

They were very harder to remove than getting them on.

The brand is loctite but this stuff is for industrial use only, dont think it can be bought in the shops.

Gaz

Wiggie
24-07-03, 11:16 PM
LOL @ sticking a wheel to a door....random combination there.

hmmm so weve got a mixed verdict. ill whack a load on, and a few self tappers as well. then a nice bit of fibreglass and filler to smooooth in.

.........these aint comming off.

cheers for your replys...more sucsess stories welcome.

Wigz

mikeoxford
25-07-03, 01:38 AM
sticko flex

ade
25-07-03, 11:42 AM
thats what I was gonna suggest

Does the kit not come with mounting clips?

You could attach small wooden/plastic blocks to the car, the right depth, then secure the skirts to the blocks using which ever glue or epoxy reson you choose

Ade

Wiggie
25-07-03, 12:23 PM
lol, no, this is the kit my m8 bought off ben, the skirts wer too badly mashed so i had them, as im blending them in. they have screw holes already, but i dont like the idea of drilling holes in my body, so i was hoping to find some GOOOD adhesive.

so sticko flex, where can it be bought from? B&Q? how does it work? is it like apoxy resin?

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-03, 01:25 PM
No nails is rubbish- commercial crap

Gripfill is amazing as Brian said.

privatepie
26-07-03, 05:21 PM
gripfill is so fun 2 get off ya hands at the end of the day smells nice 2

Wiggie
26-07-03, 06:16 PM
lol, they use this kewl thing as work with mixes two substances together, everyy1 just calles it the twirly werly...helpfull when im trying to find the real name of it! is grip fill sold in your average hardware store...B&Q?

brian
26-07-03, 06:50 PM
gripfill is so fun 2 get off ya hands at the end of the day smells nice 2
very true.....but it smells lovely :crazyeye:

Ballsy
26-07-03, 10:14 PM
stikoflex or tigerseal are both very good!!!! as for drilling holes in the body, after you apply the bonding agent the skirts will have to be very strongly clamped or screwed onto the body so that it takes a good hold, but you can take the screws out and fill the holes wi filler etc when the bonding stuff has taken hold.... bout 24 hours

Ballsy

Wiggie
26-07-03, 11:17 PM
lol well nah coz if iv already drilled the holes i might as well leave em in there and fill over then neways init. lol.i was planning on using a few screws to hold it there,

but im stil concerned about the MOT, how will they check the sills for rust??

Wiggie-Woo

privatepie
26-07-03, 11:47 PM
u can by gripfill in most gd DIY stores! green tube u have 2 cut the top of at an angle the put sumink sharp down it 2 break the seal
mart

Wiggie
27-07-03, 02:18 PM
safe. ill seep an eye out.