PDA

View Full Version : Lady owner looking for 2.0ltr conversion advice.

AJSR
07-04-12, 09:58 PM
I have just got my 1.4 SR G reg back from the body shop after 6 months of cutting welding, new skins, primer and finally spraying and new decals. She now looks like the mutts proverbial's. The next step is a 2ltr conversion but I am well out of my league here. Can anyone recommend a reputable company that can do the whole thing or am I best off finding a donor myself and a good mechanic. Any advice would be greatly received.

burgo
07-04-12, 11:09 PM
the best solution by far is getting fellow forum members to come and help you with it once you have all the parts together

MK999
07-04-12, 11:10 PM
Best off finding a donor and good mechanic, or I'm sure a few members on here would be happy to help. However I do work for somewhere that would undertake something like this if you wanted a professional, warrantied job etc. All depends on your budget really.

Mieran
07-04-12, 11:11 PM
As above really.

A 'company' to do the conversion can either end up in a massive bodge or disaster.

swedge
08-04-12, 06:27 AM
Doesn't autoworks dude on here do conversions for people?

peester
08-04-12, 08:17 AM
unless its had a strengthening kit fitted whilst it was at the bodyshop- it'll have to go back again to have one fitted for starters...

Paul
08-04-12, 12:12 PM
Your in Essex? If so ive done many conversions over the years and will be willing to do it.
PM me if you're interested?

turbojolt
08-04-12, 01:41 PM
Absolutely nothing against Paul or anyone else here doing it but from experience ask around about who is doing it check them out properly don't jump at the first person you find get recommendations!!!!!!!!!!!!

novanut170
08-04-12, 03:16 PM
ive got every thing you will need for the conversion already in a nova so would just swap straight over ( after your has been welded) pm me if your intrested.