PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall software

rysmee
24-07-03, 06:07 PM
i got the software used to find parts by vauxhall - think its called epc or something, along with another piece which i dont actually know what it does yet as i haven't got it to work.
the epc wont load as it asks for a tcp/ip connection, and then just shuts down - anyone know how to sort this? i've been through every area in the system settings and cant find anything.
the second piece of software states that a .dll file is missing - so also wont load.. anyone had any similar probs ?

jkhilton
25-07-03, 12:01 PM
not an easy thing to diagnose without seeing the software. The missing DLL file can probably just be downloaded off the net and then stick it in a dir that is in your system path(C:\winnt\system32, c:\windows\system32 etc....)

Do you have a network card in your machine? and does the software have to access anything online when it is run?
If you dont have a network card and it is needing one to run the software, if you have windows 2000 you can trick it with the microsoft loopback adapter, goto add new hardware, select network devices, and manually add loopback one from the microsoft section, it just makes the PC think there is a network card, so programs thata require one for installation(eg Maya) use that piece of software instead of a real network card.

hope that helps

John

wrigleys
25-07-03, 01:17 PM
did you download it from anywhere?
If so most of the programs I download never work and complain of .DLL files being missing.

NovaSi
25-07-03, 01:20 PM
Good point, how did you get the software?

rysmee
28-07-03, 06:48 PM
it was being sold on here a few weeks ago.
look back in the parts for sale - cant remember a name though.

Snowface
29-07-03, 07:24 PM
i got an e-mail adderss of a guy who has copies of it. he wants ?3.00. I'm buying one off him today.

Pm me if u want the addy.