PDA

View Full Version : GTE Bumper

so1o
24-07-03, 05:18 PM
I got a problem with my gte front bumper, where it goes round at the front and sits on the side of the wing it sticks out a little. the blokes whos doing it for me says that its a common "nova" problem. he said the brackets on the bumper are rusty and u cant replace them so it sticks out a little. it sticks out exactly the same on both sides.to me it looks well iffy, doesnt look right at all but he says there all the same.

is he taking me for a ride or is he being honest with me?anyway can i make it sit nicely without sticking out?

mind you hes spraying it and putting everything on free as a favour so could it be he cant be arsed doing it properly?

?Marty?
24-07-03, 05:23 PM
hes spraying it and putting everything on free as a favour so could it be he cant be arsed doing it properly?

very likely.

Nothings impossible, so it can be fitted properly.

he said the brackets on the bumper are rusty and u cant replace them

Of course you can replace them. If not in the conventional way, new one's can be fiberglassed to the bumper itself and etc.

Assuming the bumper itself is not distorted, then it should fit flush to the bopdywork if done properly.

dave.gsi
24-07-03, 10:44 PM
i fitted a gte bumper to my old sr and it stuck out on the passenger side. the bumper itself looked like it had bumped another car and was pretty distorted in the middle. couldn't fix it but it didn't bother me enough to really make me try lol

Gazza14SR
24-07-03, 10:53 PM
my old black gte did this at the rear. The bumper did not fit flush at the sides at all, flared out about and inch either side.

I had to heat shrink the sides of the bumper inwards as it had taken to the flared out shape. Got some new brackets and it was sorted.

Gaz

so1o
25-07-03, 07:01 AM
thanks everyone will get this sorted.