PDA

View Full Version : MOT-rauma

ade
24-07-03, 10:36 AM
lol.

Just left my car with a trusty garage for its MOT.

Advised them before hand that one of the spot lights was gone (need to remove the front bumper to change it :o ) and it needs the weber 32/34 tuned coz theres now power over 50 and its not been tuned since fitted the other month.

Said he'd get it sorted and call me.

All welding done last year - lights work (except one fog one) coz I checked them before dropping it off, washer squishers full, serviced last week, tread on tyres so should be ok.

the only thing i'm worried about is me brakes but I've got a full Astra 16v set coming any day (thanks Craig G) and a new FTE servo/master cylinser ready to go on...

Thing is its due for tax end of the month - so I've got until this time next week

no problem!

:lol:

:o

Ade

Dicko
24-07-03, 11:55 AM
i had a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge job list top do on mine and did it all 1 morning in swealtering sun.

had both wings off, bumper, both rear lights, did some welding and replaced bulbs

had a cuppa

jacked up 1 side and did some serious welding on the botom leg, set my hair on fire :s

had a cuppa

jacked other side up to do the other leg

fixed wiring for the horn, fixed the headlight mount, welded both corners in the boot as holes were apearing.

had a cuppa

realised MOT station closed in 20mins so instedof changing the cv boot i cleaned old 1 of with thinners and glued the split with superglue :D

connected my manual lambda sensor as it was fialing on high co2's then went off to garage.

passed no problems. and co2 had gone from 5% down to 2.6% :D

wasnt important as engine is now out and the 16v is in and almost running

linzTDI
24-07-03, 12:48 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh :o sorry did you say something

Tilly
24-07-03, 01:22 PM
i actually saw his hair at pv he did singe it but nothing major just a wimp

linzTDI
24-07-03, 01:23 PM

Dicko
24-07-03, 03:51 PM
i never said anything else except it set on fire which it did thank you

and lidnz keep it shut unless u have something constructive to say, or u trying be a post slapper like woody

linzTDI
24-07-03, 03:53 PM
:rofl:

what ever you big girl

Dicko
24-07-03, 04:19 PM
f.u

linzTDI
24-07-03, 04:19 PM
:(

?Marty?
24-07-03, 04:21 PM
No doorhandles on mine, OR buttons on the car itself (all done by key fob) and the Vauxhall main dealers passed it. Despite the MoT tester locking himself out the car (shut door with keys and key fob inside car) and had to climb in through boot to open the door again.

I had a spare key fob in my pocket but thought i'd just let them crawl about while i laugh.

linzTDI
24-07-03, 04:22 PM

Brilliant Marty!

wisewood
24-07-03, 04:23 PM
u trying be a post slapper like woody

lmfao @ post slapper.

ade
25-07-03, 09:56 AM
lol

Well just to let you know car passed 1st time! In fact its the first time its passed 1st time since I bought it!

:D

bless!

Need to buy her a present now - actually already bought a ton of presents for her - new style Punto front lights for future mod, bosy work hammers and dollys, new racing steering wheel and boss, new Astra 16v calipers, uprated GTE servo/master cylinder, new door mirrors...

mmm

Might just give her a wash!

:roll: :lol:

Paul
25-07-03, 06:27 PM
Bought- Punto front lights... :?

ade
25-07-03, 06:45 PM
lol m8 - it was all in the list - didnt actually "buy them" but in a lateral way had to buy the bits for your dash so in an exchange sort of way did to a degree.

Although the credit goes to you for your dangerman aquisition of said lights

:wink:

Say no more...

:D

Ben (lurk75)
26-07-03, 10:42 AM
I need a punto headlight :o been after one for ages :!:

My golf is in on tuesday for the MOT- better get busy :!: