PDA

View Full Version : Rolling road set ups around Nottingham/Derby?

DuBsZ
01-04-12, 12:49 PM
Anyone had any experience of local companies in the area?
Need my 1.3 carb and inlet jetting to the engine and now the pancake filter is on so definitely in need of a setup.
Wouldn't really want a static setup to be honest but feel free to mention if you think they are good!
Also would like an average price of cost too :).
Cheers.

Novasport
01-04-12, 02:01 PM
D&B carburettors on the cattle market near the football ground in Notts city centre.
They have a fair bit of knowledge of Nova's but they are static tuned, not RR'd.
They did a cracking job of setting up the carbs on my Sport and explained where I could make improvements. Very reasonably priced aswell.
Proper old school tuners with the knowledge to back it up.

DuBsZ
01-04-12, 02:14 PM
Couldnt ask for a better reply mate, if you've gained good results then i will definitely have to get in touch with them as soon as possible.

Novasport
01-04-12, 04:29 PM
Before you go, make sure the car is in good order service wise. It could save time & money. I would give it a full service with oil, filter, plugs & clean the air filter. Make sure the leads, dizzy cap & rotor arm are in good order.

Iirc he only charged about £35-40 for a setup on twin carbs so a twin choke could be less.

DuBsZ
01-04-12, 05:19 PM
will be doing mate cheers, and at that price i carnt really complain at all!

jeremy fisher
02-04-12, 10:42 AM
Don't really have the means to do a great deal of tuning but a couple of my mates have a rolling road in Long Eaton if you want a power run after getting it set up.

garyc
02-04-12, 01:09 PM
Peter burgess is meant to be really good, not sure how far that is away from you http://www.mgcars.org.uk/peterburgess/

DuBsZ
03-04-12, 12:50 AM
So what would be the beat choice? As I would presume a rolling road could simulate real load and strain on the engine but wouldnt know the best option overall?

Connor
03-04-12, 01:30 AM
Another thumbs up for D&B, did a good job on a mates r9 turbo