PDA

View Full Version : Differance in tie bars? ....

boyd_1989
29-03-12, 09:26 PM
I'm just wondering are nova and corsa tie bars the same length / size .. I have a front anti-roll bar for my nova but the bushes seem too big slightly when I bolt it up to the tie bars :/ I have some corsa tie bars though and wondered if I could use them? Cause they are a little thicker so the bushes I got should fit perfect. I just don't want to take it all appart to find out it won't work lol. So if someone could let me know? Would be much appreciated, thanks.

novarally
29-03-12, 09:29 PM
I would very much doubt that Corsa ones will be the same length as Nova ones.

But if you have some Corsa ones already, why don't you just put them side by side with the Nova ones?

autoworksnovasport
29-03-12, 09:29 PM
nova corsa are completly different

but there are 2 different thickneses that are fitted to novas

Dan Stanley
29-03-12, 09:40 PM
The GTE/GSI had thicker tie bars. Its also worth noting that there are three different thicknesses of ARB also. The GTE/GSI had the thickest. I dont think the bush on the end of the tie bar (where it meets the chassis) is any different though, I think there'll the same. So it'll only be the size of the bushes around the ARB and clamps that'll come in different sizes.
I could be wrong though.....

Hobbit
29-03-12, 09:43 PM
Derv ones are also bigger, mounts are all the same though.

boyd_1989
29-03-12, 10:36 PM
Ok, thanks for all comments, ill have to get some gte/gsi tie bars as mine are standard 1.2's and are the thinner 1's. If anyone has any forsale? Let me know, cheers.

mowgli
29-03-12, 10:54 PM
can't you just get smaller bushes?

Mieran
29-03-12, 10:55 PM
Corsa ones are slightly longer and late Corsas bars won't fit a nova wishbone because the ball joint hole spacing is bigger

Any Corsa tie bars are also thicker than the thickest nova ones you can get

boyd_1989
29-03-12, 10:56 PM
Could do I suppose lol but I'm guessing gte/gsi would be better as they are thicker?