PDA

View Full Version : dash probs

nova302
24-07-03, 12:02 AM
Right i fitted a digidash in my nova last week and all runs fine apart from the speedo. The sender is wired up as it says in all guides i have read but still the speedo is out, Miles out. The engine is a 1.2i and has the sender which goes to the ecu so i have used the power from that and wondered if i needed to mix the speed sender(blue and red wire) for the ecu and the dash together? Has anyone got any ideas cos this over the top speed is making my mileage go up real fast.

mikeoxford
24-07-03, 12:58 AM
the nova ecu sender should be left in the gearbox. the earth should go to earth, live to live, and feed wire to the ecu

put the astra sender on top (piggyback kinda thing) feed it with positive feed from above and negative feed from above by splicing it. then feed blue red to the dash and dash ONLY

DO NOT MIX the feed wire for the ECU and the dash - one is for dash, one for ecu. not like the positive and negative wires which you can tap off. feed wires must remain seperate

if youve done this the only thing left to do is flick the red switch on top of the dash

and also make sure the dash is in mph not kmph

Aragorn
24-07-03, 10:58 AM
if its an 8v dash u can just splice the red/blue and leave the astra sensor off all together since the 1.2i sender is the same as astra 8v one (in the electronic sense that is - it will look different)

NovaSi
25-07-03, 01:18 PM
If non of Mike Oxfords troubleshooting answers didn't work, your transducer is knackered, will need to buy a new one.