PDA

View Full Version : Corsa servo with rear disk set up..

scott.parker
28-03-12, 01:38 PM
So as im going rear disks on the Loon and i want to try use the Corsa servo set up, can i fit the master cylinder valve for the rear brakes from of the 1.0L loons set up to the Corsa cylinder to help restrict over breaking, or is it not possible to put anything into/onto the Corsa servo like the Nova set ups?

Cheers for any help. :thumb:

Scott

mowgli
28-03-12, 01:55 PM
the corsa setup has a small load sensing valve instead of the 2 limiting valves, if you get the sensing valve, remove the spring & fit a lockable threaded bit, you could make it work as a bias valve quite easily.

you could get the limiting valves for inline fitting too, but i can't remember what car they were on.

scott.parker
28-03-12, 02:01 PM
the corsa setup has a small load sensing valve instead of the 2 limiting valves, if you get the sensing valve, remove the spring & fit a lockable threaded bit, you could make it work as a bias valve quite easily.

you could get the limiting valves for inline fitting too, but i can't remember what car they were on.

Cav's Astra mk2 and Calibras, Ive seen them in my assortment of old Haynes manuals, but didn't know if you could just screw the valves straight into the Corsa servo set up instead.

mowgli
28-03-12, 02:41 PM
they probably do, but i'm not sure

scott.parker
28-03-12, 02:56 PM
Right, so had a quick look in the Cav GSI book and i think Ive got what i need, Ive got two proportioning valves that are 3/25, so i might be able to fit these into the brake line on either side at the rear and then use the corsa servo as normal for the fronts??

SimonTW
28-03-12, 05:12 PM
How do you know which valves to use Scott?

Paul
28-03-12, 05:21 PM
Why are you fitting rear discs, for looks?

mowgli
28-03-12, 06:16 PM

isn't it 3/20??

scott.parker
28-03-12, 06:20 PM

From checking in the Cav Haynes i have, and online.

Why are you fitting rear disc's, for looks?

As Ive bought a beam with rear disk's on it, and Ive never had one on my cars before, and i think this car is slowly turning into a show car..

isn't it 3/20??

Not from what i can see Mowgli, if it is then I'll get them.

Scott

mowgli
28-03-12, 06:23 PM
lee posted something up about the right valve, and also baxter got hold of some thru his work (hydraulic tail-lift type things) maybe ask them

Paul
28-03-12, 07:57 PM
Rear discs without a bias valve are dangerous imo, they try to make the back overtake the front when you need them most!

mowgli
28-03-12, 08:59 PM
Rear discs without a bias valve are dangerous imo, they try to make the back overtake the front when you need them most!
i had a 4dr mk1 astra that used to do that all the time, the sensing valve spring had come off....great for 4 wheel drifting though