PDA

View Full Version : sprayin question?

jamesnova
23-07-03, 09:51 PM
after sprayin a car in a flat colour, do u need 2 rub it down by hand wit very fine sand paper then polish 2 give the shine?
im stuck wit this 1 as if thats how u get the shine, ill get my car sprayed 4 ?150 lol

ne help is appriciated!

ade
24-07-03, 04:34 PM
think I replied to this before when it was in technical...

:?

basically depends on the state of the top coat - if its gone on ok (no dry opr patchy areas), you should be able to spray a lacquer coat on - several coats and then when these have cured (10 - days normal temp if cellybased) - buff up using a polishing mop and a good quality cutting/polishing paste.

If youve no intention of adding lacquer then you need to wait for the paint to fully cure (10 days at normal outdoor temp if celly) and buff up - but youre more likely to burn the paint - also need several layers and watch corners and angles - keep mop moving. If doing it by hand dont rub too hard.

If you have paint faults (orange peel or dry spots) - depending on how many layers of paint you have you could flat back with 1500 wet n dry (on wet) allow to fully dry and then buff gently - or lacquer which will remove the flat area then buff up.

If cars white as in your pic youll get away with it coz whites easiest colour to spray - I did a red car meself last year and 1st coat went on v bad - flatted it back and had a car will hundreds of duifferent cshades of red! Had to respray it :x

Ade

jamesnova
24-07-03, 06:05 PM
cheers. im likely 2 b usin 2pac paint so that it'll dry wit a gloss finish. i woz gona stay white but i might try n go 4 a porsche blue repsray?
wot u think? white or bright blue (wit dark wheels)

Wiggie
24-07-03, 07:31 PM
I'm spraying mine white at the moment. Persoanly i would stick with white, blue would look VERY nice with dark wheels, but blue and black shows up dents and scratches. and as your car is white already ( i think??) it would alow for "missed spots". unless your going for the FULL MONTEY -ie. taking the windows out ect. id stick with white

GOOD LUCK, and remebr if things get tough....TAKE A BREAK! it will save you a hell of a lot of stress. :lol: :lol:

Wiggie-Woo

jamesnova
24-07-03, 11:52 PM
cheers mate.
ill prob just get my wings n kit sprayed up white 2match. cheers 4 all the help tho guys. its much appriciated

ade
25-07-03, 11:45 AM
are you experienced in spraying?

If not be v careful with 2pak. Its cyanide based. make sure you use a proper fresh air respirator. Contact HSS (Safe n Sure section) for battery operated fresh air resporators and masks.

Then make sure you totally seal the work area and use extracotrs and make sure extractors are no where near anything/anyone - 2pak paint is resin based and the dust sticks to ANYTHING! It bonds really hard - like plastic

Also - you can polish it within 48 hours! The longer you leave it the harder it is and the harder it gets!

No need to lacquer - but you can if you want

Ade