PDA

View Full Version : How can you miss a fecking corsa d

blue_peg_16v
27-03-12, 08:29 AM
Well yesterday was on a lesson stood waiting to join a roundabout and thud stupid woman in a corola drove straight into the back of us, my pupil was shaken obviously, woman turns round and said sorry was totally my fault thought you had gone, were I have no idea as the roundabout was swarming, then after exchanging details she almost wiped another car out when she set off again, some people just shouldn't have a licence

turbojolt
27-03-12, 08:34 AM
oooo well more money for you if your pupil is that shaken up its back to stage 1

steviegsi
27-03-12, 08:35 AM
You should have give her your business card lol

novasrikev
27-03-12, 09:29 AM
You should have give her your business card lol

lol lol lol

Stuart
27-03-12, 10:42 AM
Who does the claim happen for WRT a learner car? EG is it the pupil that has a claim against them as they were at the wheel, or is it just the instructors policy that takes a 'hit' so to speak

Jack
27-03-12, 11:45 AM
IIRC its the instructor - as they're considered to be in 'control' of the vehicle (that includes anyone who's supervising a learner, i.e. a parent driving with a kid on L plates).

mowgli
27-03-12, 12:03 PM
well, at least the pupil now knows what to do in an accident...

1. get hit
2. jump out & bollok the other person
3. swap details
4. wait for a ream of lies & falsehoods to come in the post from their insurer.

brainsnova
27-03-12, 12:13 PM
I always thought if you smash into the back of someone then the rammer is too blame not the taker as they weren't paying attention to see the car in front has stopped.

Stuart
27-03-12, 12:32 PM
I always thought if you smash into the back of someone then the rammer is too blame not the taker as they weren't paying attention to see the car in front has stopped.

Unless you get hit up the ass by a motorbike and are turning right...... GRRRRRRRRRRRR then your insurers roll over and go 50/50 without your consent :(

Spudly
27-03-12, 12:35 PM

This is correct, if you hit the back of someone, then you were either travelling too fast, or too close to them to stop in time, and if someone hits you, then you hit the car in front, you hitting the car in front is your fault as you'd come to a stop too close to the car in front, so you claim off the driver that hit you, and the car in front claims from you!

Rich, I thought as an ADI you could report people for poor/careless/inconsiderate/dangerous driving, get her shopped, although it could just be that she was shaken up by the accident and wasn't quite with it when she left?

mowgli
27-03-12, 12:41 PM
i did smack some spotty little herbert delivering pizzas in his own corsa c up the rear end & spun him round, whilst in my nova, he decided it was fine to pull over to the left & then do a u-turn without using mirror or indicators, or even looking....... then bollocked his dad for trying to beat you down on the price because 'well frankly, you did hit him, didn't you?' so i pointed out that as he was standing on my drive with a bundle of cash making sure it was not put thru the insurance, was he & his son not trying to hide something??? i did get the money in full

Spudly
27-03-12, 01:14 PM
Lmfao, someone forgot to tell his insurance company he was using his privately insured car, for business use/hire/reward lol

mowgli
27-03-12, 01:17 PM
bloody right...

turbojolt
27-03-12, 02:27 PM
what is its some dirty rotten ****er that has disconected there brake lights and stamps on them

Hobbit
27-03-12, 04:24 PM
^ they've moved in a bit from that little trick. Seen vids of them going out in teams to catch people out.

mowgli
27-03-12, 05:21 PM
We did a building job in leicester a few years back, and every day @4.30, we left the site. And down the road was a mini roundabout, and every day there were 2 asian blokes who just had a crash & were discussung, and they were the same blokes every day

Jack
27-03-12, 05:27 PM
There was a dit on the news very similar to that a while back - possibly in Swindon I think. Staff based in the office overlooking a roundabout noticed the same guys were crashing every day there so got the law involved lol

mowgli
27-03-12, 05:32 PM
It was bolton/burnley area, and the office people saw so many that they started photographing them & posting them on a website

Hobbit
27-03-12, 09:09 PM
This is one we got shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqXGtvI9MQ&sns=em

Golf seems to cause the accident and funks off, leaving the "innocent" merc driver free to claim...

You must have large balls to let a truck go up the back of you though. :eek:

mowgli
27-03-12, 09:15 PM
linky full of other crap hobbit mate..

Hobbit
27-03-12, 09:19 PM
Odd, works for me.. Type, "cash for crash caught on road hawk." on youpube

Edit, better link?

blue_peg_16v
27-03-12, 11:24 PM
Tbf I had a call from her insurer about 2 hours after it happened admitting full liability so all is good pupil will claim off her if she wants to and I claim for car off her no different to any other policy your a named driver on tbf