PDA

View Full Version : Wife + Baby - Nova = Zafira GSI?

windfreek
27-03-12, 12:11 AM
In a nut shell...

Now that I've been married a few years the wife has started making all kinds of extravagant demands, the latest of which nearly saw me split with the love of my life and no matter what the cost, I couldn't let this happen.

So after an argument, I went outside to see her and reassure my love that that under no uncertain terms the wife will go before the Nova, so I went back in and told the wife to buck up her ideas (or words to that effect)....

Needless to say I had a bottle of cravendales finest launched at me (thank god for plastic bottles) then a little make up sex and somehow an agreement of sorts came about.

She required a family of not more than 2 children with 2/4 years age gap, however there were some T's&C's

The following terms were.
The Nova must go as I will need every weekend free not to perform essential weekly maintenance, but to change s**t ridden nappies and rub her feet etc etc.
As the Nova is lacking, the replacement must have some form of safety device, albeit abs or an air-bag, and not the inherent Vauxhall rust-based crumple zones.
The replacement must have 5 doors and be practical with an ample boot should it be required.
The Replacement must resemble a cross-over or people carrier and be higher than 4" from the ground.

Basically all of which lead be to the Zafira GSI, although I will have to sell the Nova, its still a semi-win in regards to I don't think there utter rubbish and the bank balance cant take a nissan juke yet.

Now the point of this thread, what's your thoughts on the Zafira GSI (It will be in blue btw) is it fun to drive, because lets be honest, I really don't care about practicality, my thoughts are that if i have to ferry kids around then I want something fun to drive. :d

blue_peg_16v
27-03-12, 12:23 AM
My x wife told me it was her or the nova once which resulted in a divorce and me paying her 25k plus solicitors fees would of been cheaper to get rid of the nova but it's still in the garage and she was a pain in the ass lol

I like the zafira Gsi for a big bus they go well and look good but they have absolutely no boot space with the 3rd row of seats up

windfreek
27-03-12, 12:27 AM
but they have absolutely no boot space with the 3rd row of seats up

Im not telling her about the 6th/7th seats, there coming out before it would get home, otherwise she would think its a reason to fire out more sprogs... must admit tho, my terms with agreeing to all this was that im getting a skyline or a caterham when i turn 40!

blue_peg_16v
27-03-12, 07:52 AM
The floor is recessed for the 6-7 seats to fit in as they clod flat if you take them out the boot will be a funny shape leave them in folded flat and get a boot liner to hide them lol

steviegsi
27-03-12, 08:05 AM
She would be told to go fcuk herself tbh lol

Stuart
27-03-12, 08:35 AM
ABS and airbags won't stop the car from becoming a cube at any tangible road speed.... ;)

You don't/won't need a massive car! We started out with a MK4 astra SRI and that was more than enough for hauling the crap about for a sub 18 month old. We then got a Passat Estate because she wanted a more door and docent like saloons. Of course the crap being hauled is more because the boot is bigger... but thats a function of available space not that we needed the space.

Tim
27-03-12, 08:50 AM
ABS and airbags won't stop the car from becoming a cube at any tangible road speed.... ;)

You don't/won't need a massive car! We started out with a MK4 astra SRI and that was more than enough for hauling the crap about for a sub 18 month old. We then got a Passat Estate because she wanted a more door and docent like saloons. Of course the crap being hauled is more because the boot is bigger... but thats a function of available space not that we needed the space.

we have just bought a passat estate, its whopping, got a 2 year old and a new baby on the way in 3 months. went for a 130sport model and tbh it goes really well.

we started with a 306 hatchback, and was big enough. a struggle if we went a way, but we got a roofbox for it so that solved that problem. what ever you got you need to make sure you can atleast fit a pushchair in the boot.

Stuart
27-03-12, 09:22 AM
we have a PD130 SE, its surprised the life out of me as I was expecting the dullest car known to man and its actually a good laugh to get round the lanes and then does the DC/Mway cruise with ease and cheapness

mowgli
27-03-12, 10:40 AM
just get a touran, and sod high performance

TeddyThom
27-03-12, 01:45 PM
Which GSi? Turbo? Or non turbo?

John
27-03-12, 02:28 PM
They don't make a a zafira gsi without a turbo. I had a fully specced sapphire black one for a couple of years and liked it. Don't expect mega mpg though. You can get a zafira a in Sri spec, looks just like a gsi with a 1.8 petrol or 2.0 dti (avoid)

John
27-03-12, 02:30 PM
just get a touran, and sod high performance

Unless you get a 2.0 140bhp one and remap it ;)

mowgli
27-03-12, 02:47 PM
Unless you get a 2.0 140bhp one and remap it ;)

like my nephew's newish golf.... he's owned it for 2 months, and 6 1/2 weeks of that its been in having things fixed, eventually they fitted a new turbo

John
27-03-12, 04:50 PM
like my nephew's newish golf.... he's owned it for 2 months, and 6 1/2 weeks of that its been in having things fixed, eventually they fitted a new turbo

nothing lasts forever! lol probably due to infrequent oil changes and poor spec oil used in the past.

mowgli
27-03-12, 05:05 PM
Oddly enough, dealer serviced, one woman owner...

Mazz
27-03-12, 05:09 PM
We have a 15 month old and 2 Nova's :) & a daily A4 Avant though..

mowgli
27-03-12, 05:18 PM
When my missus was heavily expecting, i went & got a mk3 astra h/b.. That lasted us for 2 and a bit kids, when she finally decided we needed more space. So i went & got an omega estate 16v... She then proceeded to drive it like hell & managed to round off pretty much the whole of leicestershire with it. With 3 small kids in it.. We then bought a nearly new mitsi spacestar, and it lasted really well, with the eldest girl on the seat, the middle on a booster & little in a kiddy seat...

We now have the touran, with a large bit of help from john, spotting the exact model i was after.... It now fits us all in with several of their friends, tows a trailer tent with a heap of bikes on the roof & still turns 40+mpg... She's bounced off a couple of things & there are a few scratches, but it is going to last us about another 5 years.

Don't be fooled that you need tons of room for kids.. I have a strict rule when travelling, if i can't see out the back window, then we've got too much stuff, and something will be left behind.

Old man Jimbo
27-03-12, 07:49 PM
MTFU and tell her if she is that keen for a new car for babies etc then why doesn't she funking buy it!

The one thing I funking hate is women thinking they can demand you drop this that and the other just because they think you should.

Tell her to get2**** and get a half normal women who understands the need for you to have your own interests and belongings...

Fecking women...

Oh and back on topic Zaf Gsi are pretty cool.

Balley
27-03-12, 07:56 PM
Friend of mine has a Zafira VXR. Goes well tbh. Drives nice, and is ideal for carting kids around. Only thing is fuel economy. Maybe 25 mpg on average :(

Andy
27-03-12, 09:08 PM
Silly family car.
I looked into getting one in 2010.
Abysmal fuel economy,high insurance,extortionate tax rates and expensive parts were enough to make me not bother,and i dont regret it.I bought a 1.3cdti Astra H instead.
The way i see it is if i want a fast car,i'll just build one or buy one,but for a daily with kids in and god knows how many monthly bills going out,it just doesnt make financial sense to me.

Pistol Pete
27-03-12, 09:09 PM
lol we have an 18 month old. I still own my Nova!! We have a Vectra SXi (saloon) at the mo. More than big enough. It might be making space for something newer soon though if all goes to plan.

As for Zafira GSi....i wouldnt. Have a family car and a toy. The 2 cant and IMO shouldnt be mixed!

Bubba
29-03-12, 12:02 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/under_the_thumb_hat-p148308436980496000z8nb8_400.jpg

lol

Tanya.
29-03-12, 07:38 AM
We still use the nova too. Luke did buy a "family" car but it was barely used and has now been scrapped. The nova is plenty big enough.

Jack
29-03-12, 08:12 AM
25mpg abysmal? I think thats pretty good lol

Anyway, man up and powerslide this into the driveway after work one day, beer in hand - ticks all the boxes (multiple doors, good ground clearance, safe, large carrying space, economical when the engine is turned off). I guarantee she'll be impressed* :)

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/roadtests/pickup/163_1009_2011_ford_f_150_svt_raptor_look/28917344+pheader_460x1000/2011-ford-svt-Raptor-Supercrew-front-view.jpg

* Not guaranteed

mowgli
29-03-12, 09:05 AM
jack, most women can't even get shopping thru a front door, let alone drive anything bigger than a shopping trolley without clouting things, but saying that, my missus does get lots of 'other people's trolleys' hitting our car....

windfreek
03-04-12, 08:15 PM
MTFU and tell her if she is that keen for a new car for babies etc then why doesn't she funking buy it!

The one thing I funking hate is women thinking they can demand you drop this that and the other just because they think you should.

Tell her to get2**** and get a half normal women who understands the need for you to have your own interests and belongings...

Fecking women...

to be fair she has just sold her Elise for a Juke for the very same reason, also altho its not a vaux, im now swaying to an IS200 or just go 4x4 and get a L200, but it'd be a derv IS200 tho but without the drug dealer tints

Stuart
03-04-12, 09:58 PM
Is she pregnant now? Must have baby brain already to buy a sodding juke :(

windfreek
03-04-12, 10:31 PM
Is she pregnant now? Must have baby brain already to buy a sodding juke :(

No not pregnant yet, I think she is hoping someone will figure out a simpler way to convert it to a GTiR at a later date, 1.6 engine is shall we say, a damp squib, give it a few months and she will want her Lotus back

Also its not my idea of fun, but typical woman was sold on the fact it lights up in white saying Juke on the chrome cill plates.... god only knows

Stuart
03-04-12, 10:34 PM
She has taste for the Elise, so wtf is going on with Nissan being able to sell jukes to wimmin and somehow sneak it past the blokes lol

windfreek
03-04-12, 10:42 PM
who knows, the first I found out was when a bloke called for her to ask "when was the last time your wife had a full service as we are negotiating a price?" With this i was just hoping that she was leaving me to become a hooker and that I could keep the nova, but then I found out I wasnt so lucky and that she had actually put a deposit down on a Juke

brainsnova
03-04-12, 10:51 PM
Sounds like a juke to me lol

joff-turbo-nova
04-04-12, 07:35 AM
Why not consider a Meriva VXR .....

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Vauxhall-Meriva_VXR_2006_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Joff

windfreek
02-05-12, 10:17 AM
I would like to respond to this......

http://rlv.zcache.com/under_the_thumb_hat-p148308436980496000z8nb8_400.jpg

lol

with a new non-nova addition of this>

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g460/windfreek/a4c283a4.jpg

1.9 btw

Mazz
02-05-12, 11:00 AM
Looks nice, quite like the gay colour!

windfreek
02-05-12, 11:20 AM
The bodywork is in amazing condition, just the typical leaky rear side window seals and some fudged wiring lo deal with, will make a nice second car, the wide said she hates the colour also lol

windfreek
02-05-12, 11:22 AM
I hate auto spell! So will the missus if she sees I put wide and not wife!

stugee
02-05-12, 01:25 PM
I had an 04 plate Saphire Black GSi for around a year. The car was great in all the areas we needed apart from the fuel. The best we could get was 27mpg average over 8000 miles. Mine had done 50k miles but they are prone to the turbos letting go. A lot of owners swap them out for VXR units but it costs around £600!

If it were me, I'd go for the 150 SRi CDTi Zaf with a remap. Off the mark they are not as quick but the torque would win hands down in normal driving circumstances.

mowgli
02-05-12, 06:24 PM
or buy something decent like a touran

thespannerman
02-05-12, 06:52 PM
If it were me, I'd go for the 150 SRi CDTi Zaf with a remap. Off the mark they are not as quick but the torque would win hands down in normal driving circumstances.

it would forever be plugged into tech 2!management light, dpf pipes, dpf blocked, egr valves, manifolds, crank pulleys/timing, its about time vauxhall started using there own engines again

symptoms of mobile creche usage!lol unless its going to get the #### thrashed out of it lol

ill agree with mowgli tho, tourans arnt a bad choice. bit more room inside than a zafira IMO

Old man Jimbo
02-05-12, 07:12 PM
http://photo.netcarshow.com/Vauxhall-Vectra_VXR_Estate_2006_photo_04.jpg

Ahem cough...