PDA

View Full Version : Vivaro van

troy88
25-03-12, 11:43 PM
Thinking of buying one, just wondering if anyone knew theyre usual bad bits, prone problems etc
Cheers

staggy_gsi
26-03-12, 10:51 PM
gearboxes prone to giving up - i think the 6 speeds are worse than the 5's.
EGR valves can clog up and sometimes pack in altogether
Replaced quite a few fuel rail pressure sensors on the 1.9cdti's
and ive also had a few in where the airbox has chafed through the wiring underneath it causing running problems
Oh, and ive replaced loads of air flow meters on 'em too.

amggsi
26-03-12, 10:59 PM
Turbos also can give trouble.

Injectors can play up, which isn't a major problem in itself, but the fact they rust to the head and generally wreck everything when being taken out meaning replacement heads can get expensive!!

troy88
27-03-12, 10:26 AM
Guess i'll pass on one then, cheers for all the info!

amggsi
27-03-12, 11:35 AM
Guess i'll pass on one then, cheers for all the info!

You'll not get any type of van without faults though, they will all give bother of some sort. Well maybe not Toyota Hi-aces, they seem to be indestructible!!

Vivaros/Traffics are probably one of the nicest driving vans out there, very car like!

mowgli
27-03-12, 11:37 AM
from my encounters with people who own them or the renault/nissan versions, they are a great van, but they appear to wear out very quickly, then its turbos & transmission troubles... this could simply be from driver abuse...

DAFTJOHN
27-03-12, 11:46 AM
Cousin had a 54 plate And engine needed replaced by 74k

staggy_gsi
27-03-12, 06:22 PM
Injectors can play up, which isn't a major problem in itself, but the fact they rust to the head and generally wreck everything when being taken out meaning replacement heads can get expensive!!

Aye, forgot about that one....

we had one in once and the injectors would not come out for love nor money, we had to pay some guy to come and remove them with a hydraulic puller. cost about £200 iirc, but suppose its a lot cheaper than a new head!

Old man Jimbo
27-03-12, 07:41 PM
I had one from new and I kicked it's head right in from day one! I was a milk man so stop go stop go. Had hassle with rear brakes but I think that was down to some nobber at the garage. Fuel pumps I had the airbox rub through injector wires as mentioned above and a steering rack.

But to be fair I abused it like you wouldn't believe and it took it like a boss. Like a car to drive and for a DERV van quiet as funk. I'd have another if I ever needed a van.

toymex
27-03-12, 08:31 PM
I had 1 from new 05 plate a really nice van to drive much nicer than my 08 transporter but the build quality isnt all that had problems with intermittent clutch slip and it just conked out on the m25 in very bad rain ,but sorted itself out the next day after being towed home, but other than that was a good van but i got shot after 3 years and 50k