PDA

View Full Version : Missing Bessie already...

mk1nova_rich
22-03-12, 10:09 AM
as some of you probably know I stripped Bessie (my Mk1) and sold the shell to another member on here. She would have been coming off the road for work anyway so I bought a Corsa C SXi as a daily...its so plain and boring though :(

Im already looking at other Novas, whats with the bug lol

pikey1986
22-03-12, 10:20 AM
no idea, i miss driving a nova too, its been 2.5 yrs since i last drove mine:(, so much so that i constantly find myself looking at them forsale

Connor
22-03-12, 10:25 AM
See im the other way round, i have 2 and cant wait to get rid of them lol, i just cant afford anything worth buying yet. In two minds whether i want chuck £££ into the project to finish it when it could go towards something good lol. Time will tell.

Jack
22-03-12, 10:34 AM
I don't actually miss mine that much tbh but then the cav fills in the cheap/tinker void and the celica fills in the go fast void.

Alex J
22-03-12, 12:52 PM
as some of you probably know I stripped Bessie (my Mk1) and sold the shell to another member on here. She would have been coming off the road for work anyway so I bought a Corsa C SXi as a daily...its so plain and boring though :(

Im already looking at other Novas, whats with the bug loland you was moaning at me for stripping mine lol

mk1nova_rich
22-03-12, 12:59 PM
Sorry lol

I stripped it for parts for my Mk2 road rally car but I want another one for the road

Alex J
22-03-12, 01:04 PM
Sorry lol

I stripped it for parts for my Mk2 road rally car but I want another one for the roadthats fine xxxx lol

Spudly
22-03-12, 03:05 PM
Name change needed, mk1novakiller_rich lol

Nova_Tek
22-03-12, 05:49 PM
I miss driving my Nova... it's almost been 4 years since I last did! I drive my Bro's SR which sort of keeps me satisfied until I sort mine out.

scott.parker
22-03-12, 06:09 PM
You know something, i don't miss the track car at all! but thats why i sold it, as i had stopped loving it, but i think i would find it very hard to part with the jam yel, and I'm getting frustrated with my loon project already, as i want to just get it done! but i don't want to rush things i want to do this one properly with lots of attention to detail on it.

mk1nova_rich
22-03-12, 06:58 PM
A lot of my frustration comes from not having my own garage...at the minute the rally car is in a garage a 25 min drive away so I can't just nip out for 10 minutes to do little bits and pieces on it :( if its at home it will be outside so crap weather affects progress, plus my parents hate me messing with cars on driveway lol

Im thinking about moving in somewhere with our lass, so it must be somewhere with a decent garage which will make things so much easier and the motivation doesnt go then as I can work in the dry as and when it suits

I do really want to build another Mk1 for the road :d

Nebbz
23-03-12, 08:34 AM
Its been nearly a year since mine came of the road for repairs, welding, respray and niggly bits done. But jesus christ i agree i miss it...alot!

i miss how cheap it is to run, i miss how fun it is even though its a 1.2, i miss the god awful ride and how bouncy it is, i miss breaking down for stupid reasons, waiting 5 mins then it works as if nothing ever happened.

I miss the uncomplicatedness of it, and not having to worry because its my own car! so far i've had a vitara that i sold as it was gash, borrowed my other halfs seat ibiza which is a pain in the ass to drive as any bump in the road you have to avoid or smash the ground becase hes lowered it to much. and now im borrowing my sisters bmw...i hate bmws! its a nice drive though ill give it that, but being i cant stand them as its because of a bmw my back is as bad as it is! meh! (and my own driving of course lmao i failed!)

I miss norman!

blue_peg_16v
23-03-12, 09:25 AM
I'm getting sick of seeing my two will hopefully get some motivation back soon

Connor
23-03-12, 10:31 AM
Yea i got no drive or garage, and it sucks massively. Although i have a legend neighbour who lends me his drive as he doesnt drive, but its only a couple of day stints. And i managed to rent a ****y council garage down the bottom of my road, and im convinced everytime i open my garage door, all my tools will have been robbed (happened 2 times already) :roll:

brainsnova
23-03-12, 10:41 AM
I don't miss my old one as that's why I sold it and I look at epic builds on here to make up for not buying another

Nebbz
23-03-12, 10:59 AM
not only that novas rule on old country lanes! as they are small!!! so those arrogant tarts who dont let you pass...i can fly pass and not be forced in to a bush!

Hobbit
23-03-12, 12:11 PM
I've been waiting over 3 years to drive mine! :eek: Only 2 weeks to go now though. :wisewood: